Santa gift ideas for DD3...

amyers12345

I normally have everything figured out by now, but I'm clueless for DD. DS is usually the more difficult one, but I've got too much on his list this year.

She loves music and arts and crafts. We are very limited on space, but she has an art desk, an aqua doodle, and a star station.

Our Walmart has the I Can Play Piano on clearance for $30. I have thought about a Pixter or a Leapster. She has a GBA, though. She has no desire for the new Little Mommy dolls. She is dying for Butterscotch, but we really don't have a place to put her.

DS8 is getting a wii and a .223 rifle. I can't come up with anything over $20 for her!

What are some things your kids love? She is still too little to know the price difference, and last year, she got a playhouse, and DS got a bow. So, there was quite a difference there, too.

something mom or dad would never buy.... in our house there is a rule - no toys that make noise... sure enough, Santa doesn't care about rules. Or money (which works as they get older... they know there is no way *I'd* spend that kind of money on them)

how about a new bike?

If she loves music I would go with the I Can Play Piano.... or maybe a small karaoke machine if she likes to sing along to music?

My DGD is also 3, well she'll be 4 in March and all she cares about is that she likes the toy. Money means nothing at that age and while I understand trying to be as "fair" as you can, it's better to get something she will love than something she will only like that cost more.

Another thing she might like that my DGD would enjoy might be the Fisher Price digital camera.

We got her a kitchen last year, which is why we have little room. She got a new bike for her birthday in August.

That's what is making this so difficult, she has everything!!!

LOL I understand that! I agree with a PP about the Kid Tough Digital Camera, or maybe the star station! How about new books or color wonder paint? Or even the newest aquadoddle (why is it they come out with 10 differnent models a year!)

I have the same problem with my DD3. She has everything. She's getting new bedding (My Little Pony). I'm trying to find stuff she actually needs and making it from Santa. I know that sounds lame, but our house overfloweth! Santa may bring shelves and storage boxes. I'm so ashamed. :rolleyes:

Howabout some of the newer movies that are coming out?? Ratatouie (sp), SC3 come out this week I think and disney's playing the Christmas card with a Christmas release of My Friends Tigger & Pooh for the Holidays. There's also scrapbook sets designed for kids. (not sure for 3.)

I recommend the Leapster highly. It is good for her age now and as she grows you can get the cartridges for her. My Dd now 9 still plays with hers, of course she is now doing the Bratz, Batman & Spiderman.

What about the arts & crafts to make jewelry. Or get her a bracelet with her name on it. My DD has an unusual name, so every year I try to get her something personalized. She loves the italian bracelets with the charms you can add on. This year I got her one with a charm w/Hannah Montana, her name, her pet's name and also something to do with the sports she does. You could get one with her name and birthdate and add on for example at Valentine's Day, Easter Birthday. SOmething she can look forward to. There is also Webkinz all little girls (and some boys)love them. Trying to remember what my DD was like at that age.

our DD is getting a dress up trunk in addition to some other gifts. I can relate to everything you are saying though. She has SO much already!

I did get both of them a ton of costumes 90% at Target. I may have to make Santa bring a big dress up trunk!

I like the Leapster idea.. what about the pixter? Is it worth anything? I see them on clearance all the time, and they are going to be $14 on BF at TRU.

Also, has anyone ever gotten the Dora Powerwheels at Walmart on BF? We finally got a big storage building, so something like that may work.

I can think of a few small things, but they will just get thrown in the mix of all of the other misfit toys! She still has 6 toys from last Christmas in the boxes in her closet. But, in my defense, those came from Amazon and Little Tikes amazing sales last year.

My dd will turn 3 on New Year's Eve. This year she has asked for a "princess doll" and showed me a Barbie princess doll. So we bought her that one and a pack of 5 "Kelly" dolls which is Barbie's little sister. My mom is buying her the Barbie car. I've also got a Cabbage Patch doll and a ton of dress up clothes that I bought at the ARC for under $10. I'd like to get her a couple more little things so I'm looking. She is also getting a pink Thomas the Train so she feels like she has her own train when she plays with her brother.

I ended up getting her the Barbie Power Wheels from Walmart BF. I also got her the Little Mommy set from Target. The funny thing is, when we got back from shopping, I gave her the Target and Walmart ads and made her pick out what she wanted. It was each of those things, and she has carried the ads around all weekend!

I also got in on the 2/$15 leapster games, so we may get her one of those, too, if I can find a good deal. If not, I'll put the games up and get her one for her B-day next summer.

Thanks for all of the help guys!!!