What is the best way to get "hard" copies of ads?

heatherkw

I am going to be out of town for BF in the Smokies. I always pick up the local paper on Wednesday and Thursday while I am there but they don't have alot of the stores that I need the ads for so I can pm. All those stores are in Knoxville about 30 min. away. Can anybody think of a way I can get copies of those ads?

different stores/gas stations have a different amount of ads in them. i live near knoxville so i pick up a newspaper while i am there on sunday, but i will be picking up 2 for BF. where i live (out in the country, about 50 minutes away) half of the ads are not placed in the paper. your best bet is to go to the "biggest" town and pick up a paper.

They will have the knoxville papers out in PF. I don't know how many ads will be in it though. Which stores will Price Match? I will be in the smokies too. I am going to bring mine from home in hopes to PM some items. Might have to meet up with you at some point while we are shopping.

i buy all papaers all week..as ads are placed sporadic sometimes...and im out everywhere getting multi copies of papers thanksgiving as each market has different ads...i just wish that if u have a columbus dispatch u should get all ads in it as columbus (im not from columbus, but get a dispatch at home delvered)...Meijer is bad for this as well as ToyRus and some others...its a pain to drive to these stores bright and early to get the ads...meijers is ok as its 24/7...lol

Anyone from Columbus get a dispatch in stores/gas stations that have all the adds in them??...(i tried last yar to get one in columbus thanksgiving morning...and they werent delivered yet...)--that was about 6ish-7ish..

Jeanne is right. The Knoxville newspaper (only one) will be available to buy in PF. There is also one printed in Morristown

I can't give any tips about shopping in Knoxville though. I shop only online now except maybe a trip to walmart

Morristown. :tired: last I remember from Morristown is a Wally World & a small mall their but this was about 8 years ago. Dont forget about Johnson City too

I live outside the metro area where all the stores are.. So the paper delivered to my home never has all the ads. I usually get one of my family members to pick up a paper before they leave the big city for my house. Sometimes if you get to the town you will be shopping in early in the wee hours of BF, the stores may still have Turkey day papers out

Jeanne is right. The Knoxville newspaper (only one) will be available to buy in PF. There is also one printed in Morristown

I can't give any tips about shopping in Knoxville though. I shop only online now except maybe a trip to walmart

Oh sorry I wasn't very clear I am only shopping in PF/SV but I would like some of the ads from Knoxville to PM b/c there isn't a BB,CC or target in the PF/SV without going into Knoxville. I LOVE Knxville though DH and I sneak away often and com down there. Just the two of us! I didn't realize there would be the Knoxville paper in PF/SV. I can't wait so excited! I think I have my plan laid out. Where all are you going Jeanne?

Oh sorry I wasn't very clear I am only shopping in PF/SV but I would like some of the ads from Knoxville to PM b/c there isn't a BB,CC or target in the PF/SV without going into Knoxville. I LOVE Knxville though DH and I sneak away often and com down there. Just the two of us! I didn't realize there would be the Knoxville paper in PF/SV. I can't wait so excited! I think I have my plan laid out. Where all are you going Jeanne?

I live in the Pigeon Forge area and I usually shop in Knoxville on BF. (Too many tourist is PF no offense.) My question is that I didn't think that Wally World in PF would price match from Knoxville, I thought it had to be a store that is actually in the same town.

I have never EVER successfully had a store PM a BF ad of another store. Most stores won't even honor their own coupons to give you additional benefit. Like it you bought a tv at CC and had one of those 10% off tv coupons. They most likely will not give addition benefits much less PM another special BF store's price. Good luck with that.

Download the leaked adscan in a pdf file.

Print the ad on your printer.

You now have a 'hard copy' of the ad in your hand.

most stores wouldn't accept a print out as proof would they? I mean anyone can photoshop, so I find it hard to believe you can use that as proof. Hope I'm wrong, but it sounds too easy.

Heather I don't really know where all I am going just yet. I know Walmart, Old Navy, and Disney outlet. I am still trying to figure out how to print the coupons for the outlet malls. Do you think PF Walmart will BM any of the Knoxville stores? I might try the match the Kmart on turkey Day so I don't waste time on BF if they aren't.

Download the leaked adscan in a pdf file.

Print the ad on your printer.

You now have a 'hard copy' of the ad in your hand.

most stores wouldn't accept a print out as proof would they? I mean anyone can photoshop, so I find it hard to believe you can use that as proof. Hope I'm wrong, but it sounds too easy.

Just a reminder that ad's on this site are not official and the stores wont honor them. They will honor a ad that comes from official sources like there own stores, there website and in the newspaper.

i buy all papaers all week..as ads are placed sporadic sometimes...and im out everywhere getting multi copies of papers thanksgiving as each market has different ads...i just wish that if u have a columbus dispatch u should get all ads in it as columbus (im not from columbus, but get a dispatch at home delvered)...Meijer is bad for this as well as ToyRus and some others...its a pain to drive to these stores bright and early to get the ads...meijers is ok as its 24/7...lol

Anyone from Columbus get a dispatch in stores/gas stations that have all the adds in them??...(i tried last yar to get one in columbus thanksgiving morning...and they werent delivered yet...)--that was about 6ish-7ish..

Dispatch notorious for this. They claim that only way to ensure you get ALL of the ads is to get home delivery. I guess you just proved that's untrue also. It depends on what stores you are looking for. Big Lots for example, you're more likely to find in the city. Staples, in the suburbs. Meijer is in the bag that gets delivered by another division of the Dispatch. Their Super Saturday Ads tend to be in Thursday's paper. You can always get Meijer ad online!

I usually do pretty well at Speedway, BP and Meijer as far as finding papers. Go to 2 different areas if you want to check that you find the most ads. One in a nicer suburb and one in the city, usually a zip code or two away from the suburb (I hear that's what they use to determine which areas get which ads).

The town we shop in is about an hour away from us but there are a few service stations about 15 minutes from my house that sell paper I need. I just get out really early on Thanksgiving and go get them. If I were you I'd start calling service stations closer to you to see if they will be available there, more than likely they will.

Dispatch notorious for this. They claim that only way to ensure you get ALL of the ads is to get home delivery. I guess you just proved that's untrue also. It depends on what stores you are looking for. Big Lots for example, you're more likely to find in the city. Staples, in the suburbs. Meijer is in the bag that gets delivered by another division of the Dispatch. Their Super Saturday Ads tend to be in Thursday's paper. You can always get Meijer ad online!

I usually do pretty well at Speedway, BP and Meijer as far as finding papers. Go to 2 different areas if you want to check that you find the most ads. One in a nicer suburb and one in the city, usually a zip code or two away from the suburb (I hear that's what they use to determine which areas get which ads).

im going to try again this thursday as i will be at meijer....but then again its the timiing issue again...speedway and meijer were the two places i did check with no avail...werent delivered yet...lol...i go to dublin area, thanks!!! but i think this year it should be ok as most of the ads dont have a lot to price match..as target, best buy and walmart have most of the stuff cheaper than most places( and those ads do come in the delivered paper...but there is a few items at the smaller stores like the andersons, and meijers, and other stores...

im going to try again this thursday as i will be at meijer....but then again its the timiing issue again...speedway and meijer were the two places i did check with no avail...werent delivered yet...lol...i go to dublin area, thanks!!! but i think this year it should be ok as most of the ads dont have a lot to price match..as target, best buy and walmart have most of the stuff cheaper than most places( and those ads do come in the delivered paper...but there is a few items at the smaller stores like the andersons, and meijers, and other stores...

Meijer on Sawmill is not my favorite. But I think there's a WM now at Bethel & Sawmill, they should be open. Giant Eagle and gas stations around there might be closed. I don't think I've ever seen Anderson's in the paper, only the bag or online.

I got most of the good ones two days ago.

I work early and always pick up my paper where the delivery guys get theirs. The running joke when I grab my paper is, "... ok , my route's DONE...".

They've been delivering inserts to the distribution centers for a couple of days.

Edited to add: Next year a good idea would be to bring your home delivery guy and his co workers some doughnuts a few weeks before BF. And a tip a Christmas wouldn't hurt, either. I bet you've never even SEEN the guy that drops off your paper everyday.