Looking for 2G memory upgrade for Laptop

racerfan

Hi, I am going to get a Laptop possibly today that has 2G memory (2 1G). I want to upgrade to 4g (Laptop has 2 slots) so I would need 2 2Gs. BB on BF has a PNY 2G memory kits for $54.99 (orig $189). Does anyone know if this is 2 1Gs or 2 2Gs. Thanks for any help.

"Kits" imply 2x1GB sticks. The best selection and prices for 2GB sticks is newegg.com

Yeah....by a whole $2-$3. After you get your $10-$20 rebate back. After you pay $5 shipping.

The same PNY 2 GB SO-DIMM set at Newegg, PC5300....DDR2 667 SO-DIMM, is $67.99 + $4.99 shipping - $20 MIR = 52.98.....a whole $2.01 savings. Of course, PNY gets your $20 for however long they choose to keep it.

Even including sales tax, which in our area is 7%, that just adds 3.85 to the total. I'll just buy it all in one place and forget the rebate, thank you very much.

And that PNY is about the cheapest 2 GB set Newegg has in DDR2 667 (PC5300)....the Mushkin is only a dollar cheaper.

So much for Newegg being WAY cheaper than B&M stores.....esp. given the rebate hassle. Sire, $5 is $5, but ony after you manage to get your rebate honored.