Which Xbox 360 to get?

I'm so lost when it comes to which Xbox 360 to get. This would be for a casual gamer (maybe plays once or twice a week, when the kiddos are in bed!). I do have an orginal Xbox and a couple of games and would like to be able to play them on the new system. Xbox live is not that big of a deal for me. So what's the best bet for someone like me? The Arcade, Pro, Elite?? Help!

Arcade comes with a few 'cheesy' games. Pro is what I would think of if you can afford the $349 price. BB will have it (on BF) for that price and it comes with 2 great games and an extra wireless controller. Not bad if you plan on being out that day. You would end up paying that just buying ones game and another controller.

If you want to be able to play the original xbox games you will need the 360 with the hard drive - also not all original xbox games are compatible with the 360 and you will need to download the software and program it in you 360 before you can play the regular xbox games. Last year I bought my son the one with the hard drive for that very reason.

could someone please tell me what the difference is between the xbox 360 and the xbox 360 arcade?I have my son the xbox 360 for christmas but walmart has the xbox 360 arcade for $279.Is there a difference and if so which is the best.I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the game systems(although I am a master chef at cooking mama on the Wii...lol.)

I like the arcade games... im so addicted to uno... but you can buy that for $4.99 on one of those download cards at walmart or target. id go with the pro one, not the elite. if youre going to play xbox games you will need to have the hard drive. the memory card will not work. if you already have an xbox and plan on keeping it then get the arcade. the games are fun. it doesnt come with component cables though so if you have hd youre going to want to get the pro. it does make a difference. i have the arcade and DH has the pro from launch. sometimes if i want to download a game or a free demo to play you have to have the hard drive no matter what. the memory unit that the arcade comes with is really useful if youre going to go to a friends house to play on their console. sorry this is so disjointed but i hope you can use this information to make the best decision for you.

For a casual gamer, I would suggest the X-Box Arcade. However, if you would like to play your old X-Box games, you would need a hard-drive for backwards compatibility.

Arcade comes with a few 'cheesy' games. Pro is what I would think of if you can afford the $349 price. BB will have it (on BF) for that price and it comes with 2 great games and an extra wireless controller. Not bad if you plan on being out that day. You would end up paying that just buying ones game and another controller.

I'm curious, which games?

the games are uno, luxor 2, feeding frenzy, boom boom rocket, and pac man championship edition. there are also demos on the disc for frogger and four other games. i really enjoy them. and considering their cost to download the games its kinda worth it if thats your thing.