$199 Video Camera...good deal?

katiesmommy01

I'm looking to upgrade my video camera (I have a heavy cassette one and the battery no longer holds a charge...bout 5yrs old). This one looks nice and it's in my price range, just wondering what others think about it? I'd be using it for my daughter's plays/recitals/family parties, etc...nothing major. Any feedback is most welcome.

Which Panasonic is it? I got the GS29 (mini-dv) on BF last year, and I love it! It is so easy to use. Mine doesn't have a slot for an SD card, and I think all of the other models do, but that wasn't worth camping for, because I PM'd at WM.

I had to buy the DV cable separately, and I got it off of ebay for less than $4 shipeed. It uses Windows Media Player, and it so simple to edit and create your movies.

I wouldn't trade my Panasonic for the world! The battery lasts about an hour per charge, I don't know if that's normal or not.

I got the Samsung last night. For what I planned on using it for I think it will work for the time frame I plan on using it most. The Panasonic was my first choice however with the number of things that I had that were all at differant stores on BF I bit for the friends and family sale. My kids are old enough that they shouldn't mess with it too much. I did see that KMart is going to also have a Samsung for 199.99 I'm just guessing its the same one.