people aren't going to care

needanewcamera

I just looked at the Target ad and the Kmart thanksgiving ad and all i can say is Walmart shot themselves in the foot this year. I am normally a die hard Walmart BF shopper, but after the sucky sales last year and the big legal threat this year, i am happy with Target, Kmart, and am anxiously waiting for BB and CC - I don't really care at this point what Walmart has in their ad - Bring on BB:D

I still remember going to Wal-Mart at 10:00 P.M. on Black Friday out of boredom and them still having pallets and pallets of their doorbusters. They really are just pathetic now. Oh well. I have confidence that whatever they do have I may consider purchasing, will be there when I drive past them on my way home.

Unless WM has something that I REALLY need to get after frustration last year with trying to get an honest answer about their PM policy and then getting a differant answer when I got to check out will probably spend my waiting time somewhere else. Since we are going out of town packing the cold weather clothes to stand in line with the rest of the die-hards. I probably will venture over to WM depending on their sales however I do know that my list is already getting finalized and unless there is something big when the FINALLY release their ad I won't be there.

The way I see it SWM you can wait INSIDE. In my area that will be a HUGE factor. I will be at BB i am sure for a laptop but if I did not need that I would opt for the warmth because my WM price matches BF items at other store with NO problem at all. Last year I PM a lot..

I wonder if wal-mart held out on their ad so that no other store could change their ads and get the stock in on time and compete wtih there sales. Just wondering. Hubby is the one who said that is why wal-mart is so stingy on releasing there ad.

I dont think they will hurt as much as some think.

Just think about all the people who dont search on the internet and dont know about the ads till than. I know alot of people whom dont get online, so I get the ads for them. So alot of people don't even know about the fight they put up this year.

I for one, don't care about Walmart. Target is the store I go to. And Walmart's probably waiting to see everyone else's ad before they release their's on the 21st. That's why they threatened the legal action.. That's just my opinion. Wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

But bring on BB and CC's ads! I wanna get my list done!

Guest Mom1979

I got to PM at wal*mart during BF a couple years ago.

I guess I need to check out Kmart & target's ad, we don't have any local but I'll PM anything.

I banned Walmart's line two years ago when I was almost trampled! I was literally afraid for my life. They stacked up all their tv's and stuff around the departments, so when you went in a section, you couldn't get out! It was MAYHEM! People were screaming and crying. I vowed never to get in their line again. Last year I waltzed in at about 5:15 after all the nonsense, grabbed all my stuff, and checked out. Of course I wasn't going for any laptops or big ticket items. But I did avoid all the chaos of "the line."

We usually hit Wal Mart first then hit Target even though we know we'll be about 5000th people in line. After all the crap they've pulled along with Targets ad, we are going to be in line there at 4am and IF we feel like it, we'll hit wal mart later. (though its doubtful since we'll have other stops to make ;) )