Gifts for Kids You Don't Know Really

leefamily23

Okay in my husband's family they all buy for my son (my husband's step son) as he's the only child (14 yrs old) from that generation. My husband or his cousin's (all 30-40's) have kids. So, all the aunts, uncle's, and cousins buy for my son and have since he was 4yrs old.

So, his one cousin is now engaged to a man who has 3 kids. I met this kids on Easter for about 2.2 seconds. They will be at the Christmas dinner this year though. I want to get them each something around $10.00. Since everyone there (including this cousin will buy for my son). So this is the info I got on them- 2 boy's one is 16 or 17 the other is 12 or 13, and 1 girl who is 9 or 10.

No interests- nothing. So, what is a generic, nice, but inexpensive gift I can give them. I don't wanna do gift cards because then they'll know exactly what I spent. I'd like it to be $10ish- but look $15ish

What about little "baskets" of things you can put together... perhaps a movie rental cert/micro pop corn/a movie box of candy/a soda in a little basket or something? Esp for the boys. Or the movie rental could be for a movie OR video game rental at a local store.

For the girl you could do a little girly basket. Maybe some BBW when it's on sale BF. Even some little samples that you can order and get for free. Gel pens, paper, etc. Girls are easier when you don't know them. I have a neice that is getting a tote bag I got as a freebie filled with all kinds of things like a nice razor, lotions, etc .. .all things I got free.. .I got a scrapbooking kit that was on sale from 10 to 2 bucks and a clock/mirror from 10 to 1.50 and added those in... and it is chock full of goodies for her and she is 12... and only spent 4.50 total. Her mom said she will LOVE it!!!!!

I dont know if you live in an area that gets much snowfall but what about these for the younger boy & girl

http://www.reallygreattoys.com/ItemDetail.aspx?itemID=26332

I know you said you didnt want to do a gc but what about a gas card for the older boy if he drives

my girls ages 10 & almost 14 love the ring watches-found them last yr at big lots super cheap I think they were $5-$8

Check out old navy for pj bottoms or gloves,scarf & those lil head wraps that are so cute.

No- GC's they are out. Nobody really know's anything about them. I almost thought of doing stockings filled w/ candy's and maybe a few little gadgets (the girl would be easy for little thing's for a stocking)--- the boy's I'm thinking along the lines of putting into a stocking those metal chain puzzles w/ candy and such- something like that????

No- GC's they are out. Nobody really know's anything about them. I almost thought of doing stockings filled w/ candy's and maybe a few little gadgets (the girl would be easy for little thing's for a stocking)--- the boy's I'm thinking along the lines of putting into a stocking those metal chain puzzles w/ candy and such- something like that????

I think this sounds great. I am one of those that hate to give gift cards too and only do as a last resort. However my kids always get tons of them from people that don't know what to buy. I also don't like having to take them shopping and they have to spend a certain amount in each store, etc. They prefer gifts.

I think the stockings full of candy etc sound great... don't forget cutsie pencils, etc. Sports are good for any age boys, holiday or whatever for girl. Walgreens has Christmas ones on sale 8/$1.00 this week. And perhaps you can luck into some leftover halloween candy at 75-90% off? Maybe even old enough if you find keychains on sale? Almost every kid has a house key or something... if not, can use it as a pull tab for a backpack, etc.

My kids are girls: 19 & 13 boys: 8, 10,11... and everyone of them would LOVE to get something like this....

The stocking idea sounds good-- a cheap wallet is another idea for the guys... and if they're in an area where it EVER gets cold, I'm sure new gloves would come in handy! If you decided to forgo the stockings, you could also add in skull caps/ski masks and scarfs...

HTH!

Gift cards or cash!

I remember QVC having a maze thing that you put the cash into and the person who gets the gift has to figure out how to get it open. that would be more fun than giving just cash or a giftcard.

here it is:

Set of 2 Money & Gift Card Puzzle Boxes Item # H08399

http://www.qvc.com/

http://images-p.qvc.com/ProductAssetWeb/ProductAssetService?file=h08399_848.102&macro=$uslarge$&default=/h/99/h08399_848.101

It will not do the direct link.