Best Gift To Give A Family?

mudechevy

I'm stuck on our friends and extended family. We have a smaller budget this year so I would like to get "family" gifts instead of getting each person something.

What's the best gift your family has received besides a box of popcorn with a BB giftcard attached?:confused:

We have gotten the "food gadgets" before as a family gift. We have always had fun with them!

Depending on situations cost, etc. Our fav. family gift has been yearly memberships. Like the zoo or if their town has a really cool museum(our yearly memberships are failry inexpensive in our area) even Sam's Club or Costco.

Maybe a GC to the local mini-golf park or bowling alley.

We happen to love the gourmet popcorn or snack packs that come too during the holidays!

Our family loved to get board games. We also liked family videos. one year my aunt gave us a gift basket with candy, microwave popcorn, hot chocolate and two dvds. I am sure they were on sale at BF that year. So it was an inexpensive way to give seven people (DD4 was nothere then) a Christmas gift and it gave us some family time.

I like gift baskets too. I do that for family gifts a lot. It's nice, cause you can do a few things kid-related and a couple things for adults. Food and drinks--tea/coffee/cocoa/wine are always great. Throw in a couple small candles? Maybe a small gift card for a video store for a family movie night? Maybe a card game?

I think the best family gifts, are theme baskets. You could do a movie one- popcorn, candy snacks, stuff to make smore, and a few family movies. You can pick up some really cheap movies on BF. Or you could do a game night one. Different board games, card games, and snacks. You could also add a pizza gc to each basket, depending on your budget.

Board games, family dvd's, outdoor sport equipment (basketball's/volleyball set/etc), fruit basket (yea, my kids love fruit), grocery store gift certificate, clothing store gift certificate.

I don't know what type of price you are wanting to have, but you could do:

Movie Night Basket

• A cheap basket/tin (dollar tree/dollar general/old popcorn tin from your house?)
  • Box of microwave popcorn (or two)
  • Gift card to Blockbuster or similar ($5-15 should be good)
  • Box of Goobers candy/similar movie candy (usually $1 at Wal-mart)
  • Bag/Jar of peanuts (maybe not if there are iddy biddy kids)
  • 3-D glasses (I believe Walgreens sells these occasionally)

Family Game Night Basket/box

• A cheap basket or box
  • Family game or two (Uno is $5, Monoply/Life/others have rebates right now, Yahtzee)
  • Bag of candy or peanuts (M & M's, mini candy bars, etc)
  • Notepad and pen (only if one of the games you need to keep score for)
  • Pizza or Sub Sandwhich shop gift certificate ($15-$20 depending of size of family)

If you like these ideas, let me know and I can tell you more.

Board games, family dvd's, outdoor sport equipment (basketball's/volleyball set/etc), fruit basket (yea, my kids love fruit), grocery store gift certificate, clothing store gift certificate.

I don't know what type of price you are wanting to have, but you could do:

Movie Night Basket

• A cheap basket/tin (dollar tree/dollar general/old popcorn tin from your house?)
  • Box of microwave popcorn (or two)
  • Gift card to Blockbuster or similar ($5-15 should be good)
  • Box of Goobers candy/similar movie candy (usually $1 at Wal-mart)
  • Bag/Jar of peanuts (maybe not if there are iddy biddy kids)
  • 3-D glasses (I believe Walgreens sells these occasionally)

Family Game Night Basket/box

• A cheap basket or box
  • Family game or two (Uno is $5, Monoply/Life/others have rebates right now, Yahtzee)
  • Bag of candy or peanuts (M & M's, mini candy bars, etc)
  • Notepad and pen (only if one of the games you need to keep score for)
  • Pizza or Sub Sandwhich shop gift certificate ($15-$20 depending of size of family)

If you like these ideas, let me know and I can tell you more.

I love them..I did a movie basket last year and it was great but I never thought of a game night basket..great idea!!

One year a family friend gave my family a waffle maker, pancake mix, and syrup and it was a big hit. Another friend gave my bil's family an ice cream maker ball and some stuff to go with it. I guess it is a plastic ball (reminds me of the kind you put a hamster in), you add the ice cream ingredients, throw the ball around awhile, and then you have homemade ice cream. Made a fun family gift imo. I always love the idea of theme gift baskets. There is so much you can do with them if you are creative and use your imagination. Have fun.

Elena

I gave "a few of my favorite things" baskets a couple years ago. I included things I knew each family member enjoyed. There was a blend of food and odds n ins. Coffee, cocoa mix, marshmellows, pokeman cards, old maid card game, etc. Just pick things you know would please each member of the family you give it too.

I also made a "buy the fireplace basket" fireplace matches, a throw, a game, graham crackers, marshmellows, choc bars (for s'mores) and a book for each person. Check out bookcloseouts.com for great discount book prices.

We like family game too, we alway get several for Christmas. I would recommed Disney Scene it. Family movies are great too. Gift certificate for the movies or a restaurant Friendy's is fairly inexpencive. A basket contain chocolate, candy, soda, popcorn, and other fun item would be good.

For one of my best friends families, 2 years ago we got a very nice christmas tree skirt and had it monagrammed: "The Smiths", Then last year, we got them the matching stockings-4 family members-2adults, 2 kids each monagrammed with their first names. They loved it. Even the kids. They love having something with their name on it. No confusing who's stocking goes with who!!!:)

I'm a gift basket person as well,...go to yoru local Dollar Store and fill up a basket with things for erveryone,..themes are great as said in previous posts my favs are movie night ones ...i buy a movie or 2 that i know everyone would like add hot choc, marshmallows, cookies, micro popcorn and you got an inexpensive cool gift...my kids love basket,..they get on for almost every holiday with crazy items,..holiday socks and soaps, hair items, books, etc..:cheesy: