Is CC better than BB?

NCBowhunter

We went to CC last year, only cuz we dont have a BB really close to us.

But the crowd was very nice, and happy-go-lucky.

Did not have 1 problem till about an hour before the doors were to open.

People just wanted to walk right in, and not go in the back of the line that had

been forming all night long. Other than that, it was great. :)

I really think it just depends on the sort of people who show up at that particular store and the customer service at that particular store. To be honest though, i prefer BB over CC anyday. Our CC here is always awful with customer service and having products in stock that they advertise. I have had so many problems with them that I do not go there anymore because BB price matches anyway.

Last year on BF I went to CC to get a DVD set at a really great price and there were about 7people in front of me and I was in line for about an hour, no joke. At BB the line was much longer but i was in line 20 minutes tops and the customer service, which was almost non-existent at CC was really gracious and helpful at BB, so that's just my two cents. Hope it helps!

Best Buy has higher prices then CC across the board, the only thing that is better at BB is the laptop prices they have every couple weeks. They just advertise better, and everyone loves the color blue. Week after week new release dvds are a couple dollars cheaper at CC. I hate BB. The people who work there are rude, and still work on commission, so if your not there to buy something then get out of their way. Their Ad is really crappy this year. Absolutely NOTHING that I want their, even Target has a better ad, which is pretty bad for them. Ill get the HD-A3 from sears, because it will be available online.

Anyway, the CC by me had ridiculous lines last year, I had to park at the Taco Bell across the packing lot last year, right in between the dumpsters, and then I just went home and bought the tv i wanted online form CC. I bet ALL the tv deals will be also available online, if thats your fashion. A lot of BB doorbusters are crappy things like a 60 ipod docking/speaker station, and a 650 Rebel XT package, boo! Horrible absolutely horrible, no GOW for 20, no 15 controller. Loks like Ill be sleeping in this year, and then just go to target and get the dvds I want form there.

Hate to inform you, but Best Buy quit using commission sales YEARS ago. That's just poor misinformation you're putting out at best, complete bias towards BB at worst. Speak the truth....not your hatred of BB.

You are correct, Best Buy isn't commission, but it feels like it

I worked for BB for 5 year with 4 years in one of the highest revenue stores in the nation. The pressure they put on their sales staff is very similar to a commission environment. They use threat of write ups, performance review and even firing to push their staff to sell more Product Service Plans and other services + Subscriptions to both Magazines and Online services.

So, the reason some people might think Best Buy is commission is because the pressure is there to sell. It is a commission type sale without the benefit of a commission check for employees

AGREE! The only horror/near injury story that I have was from a non-24 hour Walmart. I nearly got my arm ripped off trying to go through the door to get toys for kids. WOW- I still have flashbacks. :shock:

I think it dependson how many idiots show up. The store doesn't matter:D .

We have a CC right next to BB. The line at BB is 4 times that of CC by 5:00am. In fact, the late arrivals see the lines at BB and then gravitate to CC because they'll have a shot at actually getting something. But, with CC actually having a better ad this year, that might change. Unless BB has a supplemental, there is absolutely nothing attractive for me in their ad.

CC was insane last year, I went twice 8:00am & 10am. I left both times because the line was too stinking long. I went back a 2pm and it was more reasonable, and they were still selling stuff at the before 12 prices. Personal I like BB better plus thier receipts are a reasonalble size, compared to CC.

Well, the CC in Augusta is a free-for-all. While they do hand out tickets for the doorbuster and limited quantity items, the staff really seems like it couldn't care less about helping anyone....and most are clueless about where to go to pick up any ticketed item. I wasted 3 hours four years ago in the Augusta CC going here and there, looking for the doorbuster laptop. Every salesperson I asked, along with the other ticket holders asking, got a different answer and sent to a different part of the store.

Best Buy, on the other hand, is supremely organized. Doors open promptly at 5AM and only allow 50 people in at a time.....and then the next 50 get in after 15 min. and so on. Cuts down on the shoving, pushing, free-for-all. The staff either knows the answer to any question posed to them or will take you and find out right then. The checkouts are more civil....CC's are still terribly designed---still just registers sitting out in the open essentially, so the lines form all over the place.

And then the rebates. I suppose if you don't really mind CC or whoever has your money for 2-3 months, hit CC up......on the other hand, BB quit rebating several years ago and that has made the store much more attractive to a lot of people.

Rebates or not, the BB ad is a complete joke! When I first looked at it, I thought, that's it? My preference for one store or the other is based strictly on price, and BB's prices are typically pretty bad year round. So for those of you who don't like to send in rebate forms and wait a couple of months, you are paying for it!

Unless BB put this out as a fake ad to throw people off, I won't waste my time with them. They are offering nice financing deals in lieu of good pricing. Comparing TV and movie prices alone (especially the Sharps), CC is the clear winner here IMHO.

I camped out starting at midnight two years ago at CC for the laptop doorbuster. The ticket handout was orderly and the line maintained order until right before 5am when a lot of people showed up just in time for the doors to open. So they could use better crowd control at 5am. The checkout was horrible. That was the year of the AOL discount and the signup process wasn't working properly. Stood in line for hours to pay for my laptop. Had to take last year off after that. I'm trying to psych myself up for camping out again for the $299 laptop, 24 inch Samsung LCD Monitor, and 9" digital picture frame.

I camped out starting at midnight two years ago at CC for the laptop doorbuster. The ticket handout was orderly and the line maintained order until right before 5am when a lot of people showed up just in time for the doors to open. So they could use better crowd control at 5am. The checkout was horrible. That was the year of the AOL discount and the signup process wasn't working properly. Stood in line for hours to pay for my laptop. Had to take last year off after that. I'm trying to psych myself up for camping out again for the $299 laptop, 24 inch Samsung LCD Monitor, and 9" digital picture frame.

You must have been at CC in Burnsville. My mom and I camped out there starting at 11:15PM. I was right there with you standing in the same check-out line - there were only about 20 people in front of me in the register that was for the laptops only and it took 3 hours to check out!

I went to a BB last year and then stopped by a CC. BB was well organized and it was truly possible to get in and out in 15 minutes if you knew what you wanted. I went to CC and it was a disaster as the queue line wrapped all around the store and the, obviously angry, people in line did not want to let people cut through to see other items inside the store.

I would not want to go to CC, but I would if the deals were just too incredible. I'd just have to make sure I didn't let any of the nonsense get under my skin.

We went to CC last year in Cary NC and once you got inside, the lines were rediculous...couldn't move in the store at all...my SIL waited in line for 3 hours to make her purchase. I went into BB 3 times and out while she waited in line. What took so long is each customer was asked their phone number and zip code and the sloooowwwww cashiers took their time inputting the info. I swore I'd never do CC again however..never say never..they have the Compaq laptop for 299.99 after rebate...might have to suck it up.

CC is Definitely not better than BB. CC never has anything in stock, unless your one of the first five people in line. BB list a minimum quantity on hand and in fact at my BB have had more that the minimum. Last year I walked into my BB here in Hawaii one hour after opening and they still had door buster items in stock. I waited in line for CC last year and got nothing. I tried asking a clerk and all I got was, "we're all out." I would rather play the odds and go to BB.

See you all in line!:razz:

'