GH: III Legends of rock $79/$89 at Costco

sperkins921

Don't know if anyone has someone who has this on their wish list (I have it on mine :D ) but I was at Costco this morning and they had a pallet of Guitar Hero III for PS2, 360, and PS3 available. PS2 version was $79 (it's normally 89 at the store) and the PS3/360 version was $89 (normally $99). This is the full version with the guitar and the game. Basically, it's $10 off what everyone else is selling the game for.

I'm in the midwest, but since the game just came out, I'd assume they were available pretty widespread.

Also, checked Costco dot com and this seems to be available through the site, but S+H would probably negate any savings of ordering that way.

I already posted about this on 10/31. Please do a search before posting. Thanks!

I did do a search, but yours didn't come up. On physical search for it, I find that might be because you used a 3 and I didn't search that way, I used roman numerals, or because I searched for Legends of Rock. Either way, my apologies, but don't assume that people didn't search first. ;)

Just to add my .02. Look at targets' 02 guitars & ghIII for $89. I picked one up this past sat. Allot of comments about wired vs wireless. It wasn't the deciding factor for me though. Oh, and it was for PS2 platform.

Just curious, isn't the actual red octane (publishers of GH III) guitar still wireless for the PS2? Or no? I had just assumed it was.... Learn something new every day :)

No. You've both options -wired or wireless-Just depends on what store placed their order with the manuf 7-9 months ago.

NOTE: There's allot (2 or 3 so far) of after market guitar bundles being advertised that have nothing to do with GH at all, meaning it's either not compatible with the GH games or another way of putting it, bundles that have tried to mimic the GH concept, but are a completely different system. Same is going on with DDR merchandise (being dance dance ... not the computer memory term).

Pretty much if you buy a second or replacement guitar, It'll set you back $39+ (ref TRU on shelves last nite). So because I knew, my kids & others would want to both play at once, I opted for the 2 guitar set, w/wired controllers (guitars) for the $89 price (I think that ends today at Tgt). There were some third party converters to make the wired guitars wireless but again, this was not my deciding factor btwn wired or wireless feature.

Now searching around for the three game bundle of GH I, II, & 80's......