Navigating the Store

financebrat

I generally hit Waltmart first, but once I get into the store it is like a mad house and the item I want is always in the opposite end of the store from the direction I try first. Is there any way to figure out where the items are going to be in the store? Do they put them out the night before, so I could check it out then?

I know they are always in the main aisles, but our store is like a figure 8, and they really spread them out all over the place.

Also, I always grab a cart. Would it be better to skip the cart at first (assuming I'm getting smaller items) and then try to find a cart after the first mad dash?

Thanks! Amy

The new Superstore by us is closing at 2am to bring out the sale items and opens at 5am They will be lowering their prices on toys,and other items ....probably by a penny so they don't have to price match everyone elses ads.

It will probably be to pull items that are in competitor's ads.:eek:

Our Super WM stays open. I usually get there around 3 AM. Sometimes they are a little slow with the maps but the associates will typically find one if you ask. They also pointed me in the right direction last year when I was waiting for my flat screen to be brought out.

My 24 hour Walmart already has everything out when I go there around 1am every year (sometimes midnight :)) The last few years, non-electrical stuff like toys/clothes, etc can be put in your cart and just wait till checkout till 5am. The electrical stuff is out, but guarded by a couple employees. They usually start lines for that stuff.

last year was our first year for Super WM (our regular WM just switched), they had signs everywhere, even Thanksgiving evening that they'd be closed from 2a-5a. So my sil and I went at 4am to get in line...the friggin store was OPEN and most people had already put stuff in carts! This year IF I decide to go to WM, I'm going at midnight and just walking around the whole stupid store for hours (if they have stuff I want or need to pm)

everything will be in the action alleys. I have seen the maps for blitz. all stuff will be in the main action alleys. They go through the action alley between grocery and clothing then the back action alley that goes past electronics and toys then the action alley that goes back towards the front of the store goes by domestics and hardware and then across the front action alley. All together there were alot of items. Lots of secret stuff also. no names on anything as to what is going where. just blank maps with numbers.

Last year, my walmart gave their employees maps. So everyone could ask where an item was be directed in the general area. This was the greatest thing they could have done. Excpet I chose to ask the personal who couldn't read the map, so I ended up reading it and directing other customers LOL

We try and grab a cart. But normally my friend goes to one area and I head for another. Then we grab what each wants as we met up.

we bring stuff out on the floor around two hours before blitz starts so 3 am this year I guess cause it starts and hour earlier this year. The stores are suppose to have a map. Mainly the stuff is all in all the action alleys with maybe some of the electronics being in layaway area which is now our site to store.