Barnes & Noble Private Preview, Free Shipping & 40% Off

HBrewer

That is so good. I wish my 12 year son was like that.

Most boys are reluctant readers. You should try DIARY OF A WIMPY KID by Greg Heffley. It's got a lot of comics in it and boys seem to be flocking to it! :yup:

Or, you might want to try out some Manga on him. They don't even realize they're reading books. ;)

That's what I was like! Okay..I'm still like that. :D

:D LOL!! Hey maybe she will follow in your footsteps and have her book published. she is writing one off and on right now. she won't let me read it until it is finished though!! I have to admit the suspence is killing me. She is a very creative writer and I love to read her short stories for class.

Most boys are reluctant readers. You should try DIARY OF A WIMPY KID by Greg Heffley. It's got a lot of comics in it and boys seem to be flocking to it! :yup:

Or, you might want to try out some Manga on him. They don't even realize they're reading books. ;)

Thanks I am going to look into that

:D LOL!! Hey maybe she will follow in your footsteps and have her book published. she is writing one off and on right now. she won't let me read it until it is finished though!! I have to admit the suspence is killing me. She is a very creative writer and I love to read her short stories for class.

Wow...she really does sound like me! I never shared any of my stories. And now, I only share them with my critique partner, hubby, agent and editor. :D

I came across some interesting statistics today about reading

58% of the U.S. adult population will never read another book after high school

42% of U.S. university graduates never read another book

Here's some more

http://www.parapublishing.com/sites/para/resources/statistics.cfm

It's so sad. And so, so important that we show children how important reading really is.

my daughter loves to read but my son doesn't it's hard finding him a book that he can get into. maybe I'll get him "8th grade bites" maybe he'll relate to that. Not about being a vampire but about being in the 8th grade. :D

:D Well, if he likes to laugh and has an appreciation for sarcasm (and gross stuff), he might like it. So far, boys have responded really well to Vlad (my main character).

Anyway, I forget I'm not here to talk books, but to talk deals. Yay, saving $$$! :yup: