Kitchenaid Mixer

LawGirl

I'm really looking at the Kitchenaid Mixer Doorbuster for $159.99. I've been looking for one of these for a long time and this is about the best price I've seen of them.

The problem is that we're also on the market for one of those HOT LCD TVs and didn't see any we liked at Sears. Which means BB or Circuit City (I'm boycotting WM).

How likely do you think that we can make it to BB or Circuit City, grab our tv and then bust it over to Sears in the same complex to get a mixer? How fast do you think these mixers are likely to go?

based on last year, if you want a kitchenaid mixer, wait for amazon to have one in one of their sales. last year they had some amazing deals on the mixers - the better artisan model for the same price as sears has the "classic" model for this year, with no shipping and no tax and no waiting in line.

based on last year, if you want a kitchenaid mixer, wait for amazon to have one in one of their sales. last year they had some amazing deals on the mixers - the better artisan model for the same price as sears has the "classic" model for this year, with no shipping and no tax and no waiting in line.

Brad's right...I remember I wanted one last year, and I could've gotten an Artisan for $175 total, free shipping...that was the best price I remember seeing then...

I lucked out and picked one up at Lowe's back in July when they had run the ad for the incorrect model for $150!

Make sure the $159 mixer is the model you want. That's the smallest mixer with the least amount of power. I've read it has trouble mixing thick doughs, like some breads even. I think MOST people prefer at least the next model up.

I bought my mixer on Amazon, too; I think they had a special in May or June where Kitchenaid also had a special mail in form to get a free accessory.

Don't forget about Kohl's, too. They run great specials every now and then, esp if you open a Kohl's charge. The day you open the charge you get an extra 10% on top of any sales. My friend bought her professional model Kitchenaid mixer for about $180 after discounts at Kohl's. Don't know how...I think maybe it was 30% off, she had a 30% off coupon from a friend, and they gave her 10% for opening an account.

Hmm every now and then you can get great deals at Macy's and Gottschalk's for mixers, too. Honestly your best bet is probably amazon but keep your eyes open.