saving you from the evil clutches of spammers everywhere....

Brad

gotta love people trying to take advantage of the success of this site and of our great members. just got this e-mail:

Name: Dave Palumbo

E-Mail: {deleted to protect the stupid}

Hello GottaDeal Staff...

My name is Dave Palumbo, and I am BF enthusiast! I also do some marketing online and have put together a nice little document (PDF) on the best BF strategies. The document is 100% original and written by me. I was wondering if you would perhaps be interested in featuring the document on your web site?

You could easily pitch the download as a 100% free document summarizing the best Black Friday Secrets...a gift from the site to its loyal readers! :) I am happy to send you a copy of the document for you to take a look at and offer any comments, etc...

Also, inside the document, I am more than happy to monetize it with any payment or affiliate links that you may have (if you wish). I wouldn't expect to make one penny from the document, however I would ask that anyone who requests to download the document from your site be taken to one of my e-mail opt-in forms. The verbiage on the page would make it clear that by requesting a download of this free document, they would be adding their name to a mailing list (that I would own and control).

Thanks for considering this, and I hope to strike up a partnership with you soon! :)

Thanks and regards,

- Dave

so he writes an e-book, probably with all the tips and strategies taken from your posts here on the forums, and then wants to be "generous" and give it to you for free if you give him your e-mail address to do what he wishes with.

just thought we all could make fun of him a little in this thread :P

He wants my email address, it's only fair that I should be able to have his. ;)

In that case, his e-mail is [email protected]

(although if you e-mail him, you might want to do it from a throw-away account as he'd probably use your e-mail address for spam, lol)

His response to my "not interested" e-mail:

Thanks for the response...

Seriously, is there any way we can make this work? Of course it's your call, but I think we can probably work something out that will be beneficial to both of us. I'm attaching the actual doc for you to take a look at. I'm also happy to enter into an exclusive relationship with you if you'd like.... such that only your site will have the document for download.

Please let me know if you'd like to pursue in any fashion...I am open to suggestions in terms of the "terms/stipulations".

Thanks and regards,

- Dave

LOL. Exclusive relationship because he probably couldn't get any takers from the other BF and deal sites :P

Oh, and I quickly browsed through the actual document - completely full of common sense stuff that everyone here has known about for years - bring a buddy, dress in layers, price match where possible, etc... Just look at our "BF Tips for Beginners" thread and you'll find everything he says and much more.

Of course it's your call, but I think we can probably work something out that will be beneficial to both of us.

Sure. I've already told all my loyal readers about this, and they have come to a consensus that they don't want to read your garbage and allow you access to their email addresses. But if you pay me $$ a month, I'll be glad to host your download on my site. I'd find that very beneficial to me. :)

This Douchebag sounds a little desperate. I bet he has never personally gotten in a line at 3 a.m. on BF. Like someone else posted, he probably just read sites like these and compiled a list of tips from the people who really do this every year! Um.....maybe we could all email him, tell him the bad ol' Administrator of GottaDeal will not share his valuable info with us and offer to PAY him to see his PDF? hehe I would love to see his face when he gets all of those offers. Of COURSE, we would ALL be smart enough to create a throw away email addy for this purpose!:P:tongue1: