Rumored Olevia 37" TV at Office Depot

Cindyseattle

Just read a rumor on another board that OD will have a 37 inch HDTV on BF for $300. The guy works at OD and is trying to get the details without being obvious. He has friends who work in other stores and they are hearing about the same deal. No word on if it is with or without a rebate. Thought I'd share just in case!

Could very well be possible. The only "catch" could be that I'm guessing each OD would not get very many units per store since they are not really an electronics-type store, and so you'd be taking a chance waiting in line when OD might not have any other killer deals, so it could really be an all-or-nothing kind of situation and it would not leave you time to get to another store once you realize they are sold out. With another store like BB, even if the TV is sold out, there would likely be many other hot deals to get as well. OD's ad has been pretty awful the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

that brand is reported to have a high return rate, according to a manager at circuit city.:no:

I have that brand I never had any problem with the tv. The only problem with the company they dont like to give you your rebate. If it is with rebate get a return reciept

that brand is reported to have a high return rate, according to a manager at circuit city.:no:

My wife and I bought an Olevia 26" LCD HDTV two BFs ago. The first one lasted 4 months before developing a power supply issue. Olevia paid to pick it up and sent us a new one.

The "second" one has been fine. The remote has a weird layout to for the keys...

The TV we bought had two $100 rebates -- Olevia took FIVE months to send us our checks.

I've had my 37" Olevia for almost a year now, and I love it. Beautiful color and sound. My only problem with it is that I lost the remote in a move and haven't been able to find a universal that works with it. Otherwise, I highly recommend it and I really hope this isn't just a rumor!