Christmas Books??

mom-n-michaela

Hi there,

I am looking for good suggestions on fictional Christmas books you might have read. I read a lot, and every November and December I like to read mainly books with a Christmas-theme to them. Romance, suspence, whatever, doesn't matter. Does anyone else like to read Christmas-themed books? Does anyone have any that they have read that they would recommend? Last year one of my favorites was a book called Blue Christmas about a shop owner in downtown Savannah.

Also, if anyone has any craft/home-made gift books that they have used and especially like I would love suggestions for that, too. I am trying to make as many of the gifts as I can this year, but sometimes it seems like it's always the same old recycled ideas.

Thanks for any suggestions!! It's almost November and I for one and so excited about it!

Mom :holiday16

I read Blue Christmas awhile back, it was a great book. I read the other 2 books in that series right after that. I am always looking for new Christmas books too. Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg is a good one. Oh, I have read so many and cannot think of any right now...I am gioing to the library today so I will look. Debbie Macomber has good Christmas ones. The Mitford books by Jan Karon- there are a few w/ Christmas theme...they are great!!! Gooseberry Patch Christmas books are great for ideas on homemade gifts and recipes.

Aunt Dimity's Christmas by ? and Mary Higgins Clark has a few books that take place during Christmas.

I love reading Christmas books this time of year too. But I like non fiction. I like to read books about the history of Christmas traditions and Christmas carol origins, stuff like that. I know, I'm weird. I also like some craft type books w/ great pictures just to look at the pictures. I'm not very crafty.

Elena

• 2 weeks later...