Do you count clothes as gifts?

coleman4905

Dont we provide them with everything. My 10 year old loves clothes and is at the stage where toys mean nothing as she soesnt play with them, If its bought and isnt needed at the moment then its wrapped and counted.

Yes, everything they have is provided by us. However, some things are necessities and some things aren't. I am not obligated to provide them with toys, games, etc. - I give them as gifts. Clothing is a necessity that I buy as needed or when I see something that I want them to have. I don't wrap up clothes that I would be buying anyway just so they have more "stuff" to open.

Like I said before, when they become teenagers and really want expensive outfits (beyond what is "necessary"), that will be a different story.

Uh, if you are *giving* it to them on a gift-giving day, then I am thinking it's a gift, no?

Uh, I'm not giving it to them on a "gift-giving" day. Clothes are bought as needed. I don't hoard them until Christmas so it looks like they have more presents.

Yes

You wrap it put it under the tree it is a gift:D

Yes I suppose so, but that doesn't happen here. :D

Well-I would love pretty much all clothing for Christmas. My dh is good about buying them for me- and he gets about 90% of what I'd buy myself. I pretty much liked getting clothing since I was a pre-teen.

My son (15) has asked for a few clothing items. But they are usually things he wouldn't get otherwise.

I agree with PPs, a $40 sweater from Limited Too is a gift! DD also wants Aeropostale sweatshirts (the only thing in the store that fits her - she's 11) They will be in a box and wrapped.

Also, I have a real backwards 6yr old ds that wants football jerseys - well at $55 a pop, yeah that's a gift as well. Problem is he doesn't have a favorite team. He told me the 3 teams he doesn't want and would be very happy to open 10-15 boxes filled with the other teams jerseys. Not happening, but he will get a couple/few. I already got a Vikings Jersey.

Clothes though are usually from Mom & Dad, not Santa (except maybe the NFL Jersey - one of them!)

I have always given clothes as gifts granted all the clothes go in one huge box and is wrapped-this yr though I am going to do clothing gc's my 2 oldest children are getting to where I cant just walk in somewhere and buy a shirt or pair of jeans-plus they prefer abercrombie,hollister american eagle so they are getting exspensive

• 2 weeks later...

I have always given clothes as gifts granted all the clothes go in one huge box and is wrapped-this yr though I am going to do clothing gc's my 2 oldest children are getting to where I cant just walk in somewhere and buy a shirt or pair of jeans-plus they prefer abercrombie,hollister american eagle so they are getting exspensive

My 16yoDD only wants Hollister clothes and cool accessories(jewelery,hairstuff,makeup etc) and they are quite pricey so they are gifts, My DS9,6and 4 have not asked for clothes but love to get character clothes. I am only getting them PJS this year as gifts and everything else is toys.

I've always given DD (now 13) clothes as part of her Christmas gifts...and she gets socks at my Dad's house in her stocking there. (My Mom always put socks and unders in our stockings. I dont do the unders, but everyone gets socks...in a way it makes Mom part of our Christmas every year, even though we lost her nearly 7 years ago.) The clothes are wrapped gifts and she's always enjoyed them. Now that she's older, she really loves American Eagle. And I don't love the price tags, although she's enough of a deal hunter to start at the sale rack in the back. So, yes I give clothes as gifts.

DD (14) - the High School Musical hoodie is definitely going under the tree....it would be a waste if it didn't, she also loves fun socks, so sometimes I will hunt for some fun socks through the mall, esp. monkey designs.

DS (11) - loves Tony Hawk clothing from Kohls so I'll probably pick up a new hoodie for him for the tree also, maybe some t-shirts or a warm hat.

they're getting a bit too old to do the unders under the tree, plus I tend to do that on an 'as needed' 'gottadeal' basis. :yup:

Tracy

in cold colorado

Yep. My kids get new pj's every Christmas at least.. just tradition. But then they also get whatever they are needing. For instance, this year they need pants and shoes.. all will be presents. But the presents don't take place of other items we were debating on getting them, if that makes sense.