# of Active Users?

conj

there are 136,110 registered users (I assume this includes the banned members as well) is there a way to discern active members from banned, or those that have been absent more than 15 months?

There is no way for you to discern that, but I can. There have been 76,314 members active in the last 15 months.

A lot of the difference between the two numbers can be attributed to these two cases:

- members that came for BF one year and couldn't remember their account info when they came back the next year so they registered again

- members that quickly registered with a fake e-mail address to view the BF forums but weren't able to confirm so they had to register again

And for all the members we have, there are relatively few banned members, and the vast majority of them register, spam and are then usually banned within minutes so you all never even notice them :)

there are 136,110 registered users (I assume this includes the banned members as well) is there a way to discern active members from banned, or those that have been absent more than 15 months?

It isn't possible to tell this directly from the forum.

I'm sure that Brad could work some SQL magic to get the answer, but right now, other things are keeping him busy.

I'm not sure if the total Registered users includes banned members or not. I think that it might not since they fall under a different classification of user.

That total number takes into account all registrations including banned members, aside from the handful of accounts which were totally deleted for one reason or another.

Also, to go along with what I said above, there are currently about 24,000 members who have not confirmed their registration yet (and likely never will).