It's time for another computer..

Aaron

I've seen all these coupons for so much off Dell computers, well-- I think that it's time that I get one. What's the best bet for my money? I'm trying to spend under $1000 (hopefully under that). I want Windows XP Professional, DVD Rom (maybe burner), CD Burner, and all the other neat things.

Also, I don't want a monitor unless I can get a pretty good deal on one. Thanks again.

Aaron

The only coupon I know of this weekend is:

$300 off and free shipping with select online Dimension Desktops priced at $899+ using coupon code XB8$9D8VJ9VS94.

Keep in mind that the $300 coupon will cancel out any %-off discount a system might already have. But you might be able to configure something right around $900 and the coupon will then take 33% off which isn't too bad if you have to buy today.

I just checked and Dell is already giving 25-30% off most of their "good" systems, so you won't be saving much if at all with the coupons.

The best time to buy is when you can use the coupon with a system that has a mail-in rebate. That way you get both discounts. This is similar to what I did with my laptop. They had a $500 off coupon and a $200 rebate so I got both. When they already reduce prices by a certain %, 99% of the $-off coupons don't stack.

Ahh, I see. Do you think they'll be anymore? I had a desktop configured the other day for $490 and it was PERFECT-- but I guess the $150 mail-in rebate ran out.. :(

This is what I have right now..

Dimension 4700

Pentium® 4 Processor 520 with HT Technology (2.80GHz, 800 FSB), Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional = $808.00

Save $130 on select Dimension 4700 desktop thru. Dell Small Business = -$130.00

Sub Total: $678 - $100 Mail-in Rebate

Total: $578