another reason for me to be MAD @ Walmart

A few weeks back I purchased several Baby Alive Boy dolls from Walmart.com. I had them shiped site to store and picked them up. Of course, they lost one of them and had to issue a refund. However, that has taken over a week to get.

Today I was checking their site which has an ad for Sunday (Oct. 21) and the Baby Alive Boys will be $19.98. I was also in their store today returning something. While there I also noticed the Baby Alive Boys were "rolled back" to $19.98. So while at the service desk I showed them my receipt for my online purchases and asked if I could have a price adjustment. After about 20 minutes and them talking back and forth to the manager (couldn't bother to come out and actually talk to me), they said that they wouldn't give me a price adjustment. I paid $29.99 for each one from Walmart.com, just a few weeks ago. They told me they "don't compete with themselves". I was like what?

I purchased them from Walmart and now they have lowered the price. It seems to me anyway that I should get a price adjustment now. But, still no!

When home I called Walmart customer service (2nd time in a few days, the 1st was the BF ad thing). I asked customer service if I had purchased them 2 weeks ago in that same store, would they do a price adjustment? To which the lady replied "I am unable to comment". I asked her again if someone buys some on Saturday, and Sunday it is on sale, do they give a price adjustment. Same reply.

So I said I would just refund the items then and get all of my money back. They seemed to care less. What difference does it make if they refund the difference of $10 each to me, or I return all of them. They then have to put them on their store shelves and sell them for $19.98. But, that is exactly what I am going to do. They can have them back and refund all of my money. I will then go and buy them from Target. :)

I come to believe that a bunch of idiots run walmart. I feel if Sam Walton was still alive things would be different. That man must be turning in his grave:mad: I can remember when customers came first and it was american made but now its all about the bottom line to walmart.. That is why everything is coming from China and they treat thier customers like crap!:chairshot

Yep, they do treat customers like crap. Sort of like we HAVE to go to Wally World. They must stay in those offices and think that they are the only game in town.

The "customer service" (funny term for Walmart), said "if we can help you in the future, call back". I replied that I wouldn't be calling back, as now my business would be elsewhere.

I knew for a long time that they wouldn't price match other Walmarts. We have 3 within 10-15 minutes all with different prices. But, these were prices in their own store. Baffles me!!!!

See ya'll at Target. :)

I think it depends on the Walmart. I am not a big fan of Walmart and go only as a last result (like if Target is already closed). However, my neighbor bought one of those big blow up water slides off Walmart.com and then saw it was cheaper at the store and they did the price difference refund for her. Go figure.

I have been very unhappy with Walmart service lately too. I use to be in there a lot but no more. I find better deals other places thanks to the people on this board, why would I go somewhere just to be aggravated. I do still go but it is a last resort, I doubt I will even go for BF, their ad would have to be impressive, and since they don't want us to see it oh well.

I've also moved the majority of my shopping to Target. My local Walmart has been awful -- It's like there isn't anyone watching the store. Checkout lines are terrible (longer that usual) and the deli...I should not have to wait 20-30 minutes for chipped ham!! I've been paying more at Giant Eagle because they are more customer focused, and visiting 2 different stores has become more efficient for me than going to 1 Walmart.

I had the same issue on the Dyson vacuum that Wal-Mart had in the sales ad at the end of September. I bought the vacuum the week before. The very next week it was in the ad with a $100 gift card. They would not do anything. So I just bought the vacuum again and received the $100 gift card. Went straight to the customer service desk with the vacuum and my first receipt. They were not happy, but I was not going to loose out on a $100.

I ordered the Baby Alive Boy on Wal-mart.com for $29.99 and had no problem getting a price adjustment when they were rolled back to $24.94. I only shop at Wal-Mart. I cannot stand my local Target and hope it dries up and blows away. The employees are rude, the prices are high, and the selection is terrible.

Good for you! :clapping:

A few weeks back I purchased several Baby Alive Boy dolls from Walmart.com. I had them shiped site to store and picked them up. Of course, they lost one of them and had to issue a refund. However, that has taken over a week to get.

Today I was checking their site which has an ad for Sunday (Oct. 21) and the Baby Alive Boys will be $19.98. I was also in their store today returning something. While there I also noticed the Baby Alive Boys were "rolled back" to $19.98. So while at the service desk I showed them my receipt for my online purchases and asked if I could have a price adjustment. After about 20 minutes and them talking back and forth to the manager (couldn't bother to come out and actually talk to me), they said that they wouldn't give me a price adjustment. I paid $29.99 for each one from Walmart.com, just a few weeks ago. They told me they "don't compete with themselves". I was like what?

I purchased them from Walmart and now they have lowered the price. It seems to me anyway that I should get a price adjustment now. But, still no!

When home I called Walmart customer service (2nd time in a few days, the 1st was the BF ad thing). I asked customer service if I had purchased them 2 weeks ago in that same store, would they do a price adjustment? To which the lady replied "I am unable to comment". I asked her again if someone buys some on Saturday, and Sunday it is on sale, do they give a price adjustment. Same reply.

So I said I would just refund the items then and get all of my money back. They seemed to care less. What difference does it make if they refund the difference of $10 each to me, or I return all of them. They then have to put them on their store shelves and sell them for $19.98. But, that is exactly what I am going to do. They can have them back and refund all of my money. I will then go and buy them from Target. :)

I even asked about the price on their website, which yesterday was $23.98. I would have even taken that adjustment from $29.99, but still nope. It was if it turned into a battle of wills for Walmart. You would have thought common sense would have kicked in.

When I returned them, they tried to give me $19.98 each for them. Because that was what the computer/register was saying they were. I produced my receipt showing $29.99. They had to override to give me back my original price. But, refunded they were.

To which they then called toys up to the service desk, they put them in a cart, back to toys and put them on the shelf for $19.98. Way to win customers........NOT Even!

cberrytech, glad that you were able to get a price adjustment though.

The town we live in does not have Target so last year when we received our wal-mart ad I realized it was about $5.00 higher on some of the bigger toys than my moms who lives 15 miles from here but has a Target near her. So when I called and asked the manager why they said because there was not a Target to compete with in this area. If you go to look up local ad and put in your zip code the Baby Alive ranges from 24.88 to 19.88. It probably depends on if there is a target close to you. We will have a Target 2 miles from me within the next few months I can hardly wait. Wal-Mart is the biggest rip off they only care about your money definately not customers or customer service.

Target rocks. I've always liked them better than Wallyworld. My target however seems to ALWAYS have a lack of employees.

The only thing Wally has going for it (IMO) is grocery prices - compared to our grocery stores. I generally hit up markets and farmer markets, but those aren't open 24/7 when I need something.