Need ornaments

It was a family tradition while I was growing up that each child would get an ornament for Christmas. I was elected to continue this tradition for the newest generation. I need to get 7 kids ages 6-2 a new christmas ornament to reflect their individual selves. Fun job, right? So, to get these at hallmark or carlton is going to cost some $$ which I dont have. Any one know of a more cost efficient site I may visit (ebay is not doing it). Or codes/coupons for the previously mentioned stores. TIA!

If you have a costco close by, they usually have a big package of 8 different character ornaments. You might want to try Dollar Tree or a 99 cent store, sometimes they surprise you with nice ornaments or character style things. Hope this helps. We get a new ornament every year, either from someplace we visited or to do with where we live (newly retired Air Force family).

When I was growing up my mom one year made us our own ornaments and my brother played football and she took a clear ornament and then took blue paint splashed it in the inside then let it dry and took yellow and did the same (school colors) and then wrote on the outside of it with a gel pen his number and flying arrows (team name) maybe you could do something along those effects..something with a character or picture in side of it..

www.bronners.com

This site has some really cute ornaments. You can have a lot of them personalized. The prices don't seem too bad to me, but then I only have to buy a couple, not 7, so it doesn't add up quite so quick.

I also love the idea on another thread about taking clear ornaments and putting pictures down inside of them. I think that's a tradition I may start here. It would be neat to do one every year and then every year we could see the changes from the year before.

you can also always make ornaments from dough or playdough - we had lots of these when I was a kid (until one year a certain night visitor to our storage area ate them, that is!) What I do every year for my own kids as well as for the relatives is to get regular balls (or other inexpensive shapes), like someone else suggested, and then decorate them on the outside with glitter paints in those squeezable bottles. I have also enjoyed in the past buying those inexpensive photo ornaments in bulk from places like Oriental Trading, and then putting the kids pictures in them. That probably would cost $1 or less per ornament, not including the pics themselves... My boss at work makes photo ornaments a different way - by printing pictures onto fabric and then sewing the fabric into cute little shapes with ribbons to hang them...and finally - my favorite childhood ornaments of all...

shrinkydinks!! :)

My son's school teacher one year took clear bulbs and carefully removed the tops and put a picture of them inside it hanging from a string tied to the top when put back on. Then painted their name and yar on the outside.

Or, try Big Lots. They have a lot of cute ornaments reasonably priced.

I was at Dollar Tree this week and they had 3 packs of foam ornaments that made picture frames. You could make one for each child and put a picture of them inside.

They will always know how they looked the Christmas of 2007.

There were 3 differents sets so you could have a different style for each child.

Our local Michael's has their ornaments in stock now. If you start now and use the 40% off coupons (see if a friend or neighbor has some they aren't using) you should be all set in a couple of weeks :-)

I also have done the glass ornaments with the paint, be sure to allow plenty of time for the paint to dry. I also have one a cousin made for DD when she was born, it's filled with pink gift basket filler and the "paint" is sharpie marker. If this is the first year, do a set with blue for the boys, pink for the girls with their name and birthdate---great even if they weren't all born this year!

Good Luck!