dollar general sunglasses

libby82

At dollar general all of the kids character themed sunglasses are ringing up 90 percent off i bought a bunch for my kids classrooms to pass out for halloween--they have dora and diego-spongebob -batman and superman --they are usually hanging on an end cap--they are ringing up .20 and .30 a piece pretty good deal i think

I went today, searched the store, and only found one pair of Barbie sunglasses. But they did ring up for $.20! They weren't tagged, so thanks for sending out the word. I also picked up a men's hunting sweatshirt for $3 reg. $10 and two men's flannel shirts for $2.10 reg. $8. I don't know if the shirts were from last years stock, but I was glad to find something that can be worn now at such at low price.

Went looking for sunglasses. Never found the sunglasses, but instead they had a ton of clothes for 70% of on top of their already clearence prices. Purchased the following:

2 pc. 12 mo. infant girls outfit for - 1.80

Women's Catalina swimsuit - .60

Ladies blue work out tee - .36

Ladies blue blouse (nice enough to wear for work) - .54

I finally got to a DG today... then since another was (sorta) close and went to it too.

Here was store #1

Barbie sunglasses $.01

(2) jacks and jump rope combo $.01 ea.

photo album $.15

(2) hair clips $.50

Skip Bo $1.50

Store #2

(2) sandals $.20

bambi socks $.30

and the best deal!!! disney princess sandbox $.01 (reg. $20)

None of what I bought was actually priced at the same price that it rang up. I just kinda looked around and guessed what would be cheap. Anything that would be considered summer... Which was why I had the cashier to scan the sandbox. It was the last one of Princess and there was only one other (pooh and friends) that the guy behind me in line grabbed. I may have to scout out what other DG stores are within driving distance!

And even better was that I tried to use my Polly coupon on a $5 Polly and they took it!

Yea! I got my bargain fix for the day!!:D

Found 2 pair of the kids sunglasses today, and sure enough they rang up .01. The cashier refused to sell them to me saying it must be wrong. She said she would sell them to me for $1.00, and I said no thanks.

I was SO mad.

I did, however, get 3 rechargeable vacs (dustbusters) for $1.50 each (originally $15). Also picked up several packs of scrapbook paper at 90% off.

But, I did want the sunglasses!

Found 2 pair of the kids sunglasses today, and sure enough they rang up .01. The cashier refused to sell them to me saying it must be wrong. She said she would sell them to me for $1.00, and I said no thanks.

I was SO mad.

Both of the store I went to today had to call a manager when they rang up so cheap, but then they did sell them. I wonder what the company policy is... I would be curious if maybe the cashier didn't just want them for herself. I would be VERY mad too, since others have posted that they were able to buy their $.01 things!

I was SO mad.

I did, however, get 3 rechargeable vacs (dustbusters) for $1.50 each (originally $15). Also picked up several packs of scrapbook paper at 90% off.

I would be calling someone. That is just WRONG!!!!

I just got back from Dollar General. I went there looking for the kiddie Sun glasses. I picked up a butcher knife for 80c (reg 8.00_) a fairy princess bank 20c,2 lavender sandals for the girls and when I got to the register I asked her if they had any of the sun glasses left. She said hold on.. and called "carol" to the front. She sent Carol back and she came back up with 16 pair of starwars,spiderman,hotwheels and batman sun glasses. She said they are ringing up for 1c and that means they are salvage so I can legally sell them to you. Then she put them in a plastic bag and said here you go and handled them to me FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I said I will be happy to pay for them and she smiled and said make a small donation to our reading club and pointed to a collection box. I handed her a dollar and she put it in there and said thank you and left. WOW I couldnt believe it. So when you are looking look at the plastic hanging thingys along the aisles.. thats where she said she found them. They could be anywhere.

I just got back from Dollar General. I went there looking for the kiddie Sun glasses. I picked up a butcher knife for 80c (reg 8.00_) a fairy princess bank 20c,2 lavender sandals for the girls and when I got to the register I asked her if they had any of the sun glasses left. She said hold on.. and called "carol" to the front. She sent Carol back and she came back up with 16 pair of starwars,spiderman,hotwheels and batman sun glasses. She said they are ringing up for 1c and that means they are salvage so I can legally sell them to you. Then she put them in a plastic bag and said here you go and handled them to me FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I said I will be happy to pay for them and she smiled and said make a small donation to our reading club and pointed to a collection box. I handed her a dollar and she put it in there and said thank you and left. WOW I couldnt believe it. So when you are looking look at the plastic hanging thingys along the aisles.. thats where she said she found them. They could be anywhere.

Could I pp you for a stamp and a pair of spider/bat man...

I had 20 or so pairs of sunglasses at the register (not character ones just plain ones hanging on the shelf where $1 items are near stationary). They rang up .01- she said that she could NOT sell them. Anything that rang up .01 is not available for sale. So if you can't find the character ones you may can at least get the plain ones. I got about 40 of the princess pens and fuzzy pens and such for .10. I'll give half to the trasure box at my sons class and keep half for clients kids.

Can someone send me a Picture of what kind of slippers yall got?? I'm not sure what I am looking for. Thanks

I had 20 or so pairs of sunglasses at the register (not character ones just plain ones hanging on the shelf where $1 items are near stationary). They rang up .01- she said that she could NOT sell them. Anything that rang up .01 is not available for sale. So if you can't find the character ones you may can at least get the plain ones. I got about 40 of the princess pens and fuzzy pens and such for .10. I'll give half to the trasure box at my sons class and keep half for clients kids.

Can someone send me a Picture of what kind of slippers yall got?? I'm not sure what I am looking for. Thanks

So adult glasses are ringing up for $.01?

I found a few pair last weekend when they were 90% off. So I decided to check a couple more stores today for straggler pairs. I tried the previous posters trick and asked an employee and was told, "if you do happen to find any, they are all "recalled" and we won't be able to sell them to you. Recalled...., whatever. You want them for yourself at .01 is what I thought!! :cool:

Yeah! Went to 2 stores today and got 10 pairs of sunglasses, all .01 each. I got Dora, Diego, Spongebob, Bratz, Superman, and Batman. I only got what I needed and left a few at each store (2 pairs for each kid cuz they go thru them like crazy!). The first cashier just asked me where I found the glasses, so she will probably get what I left. The second store, the manager said the price probably wasn't right, but sold them to me anyway. I spent .72 at the second store and walked out with 6 pairs of glasses and 2 shirts. Great deals!

I got 3 complete outfits for the kids for .60 12 pair of character glasses .01 ink pens with furry stuff for .05 a pair of $12 slippers for $1 three pari of shoes for the baby girl next summer for .10 and a few other things that DG Rocked. I told her what the other manager had told me about some of the glasses being recalled because of the .01 price and she said it was hogwash, they just wanted them for themselves. Good luck