Day after Christmas Shopping... on line too?

brynnfromtheblock

My mother and I have always gone out the day after Christmas and gotten tons of cute Christmas things for 50% off. I usually make a stop at Dillards because I collect the Department 56 North Pole Village and they usually have one building each year so I pick it up at 1/2 price. I noticed that Macy's has several on line.. does anyone know when the stores go 50% off the day after Christmas do the online Christmas items go half off too? (or does anyone know if Macy's has these buildings instore?)

• 2 weeks later...

My DD and I meet in line at our local Target. We each plan out what we are grabbing and head in that direction when the doors open. One of us meets the other in the back of the store with a cart. We are usually in and out in about 1 hour.

I check out the local Hallmarks later in the day for ornaments.

And always check out Target in the days after New Years. Last year I stopped by after work and found a clerk unloading pallets of Christmas cookie jars, glasses and other houseware. All were 90% off. It was the mother load! :yay:

I think everyone is reading this question wrong.

Aren't you asking if the stores mark down their ONLINE merchandise accordingly?

Yup... I'm quite familiar with the day after B&M sales... I do all those for 50%, 75% and 90% ... what I've never done and am trying to find out is if a store such as Macy's marks down their online Christmas items 50% the day after Christmas as well...

I was looking for something on someone's website last year or the year before to see if it was marked down after Christmas, and it was still full price...I think it was a Christmas DVD, and I can't remember whose site it was, but I do remember checking several times, and them not having it discounted at all...

Of course, that info probably doesn't help a whole lot, but just wanted to tell you my experience...