Online or Stores

pmdemey

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, last year I was all geared up for going out on BF. Then I happened to hope on-line Turkey day morning and found that most of the stuff I wanted was available on-line that day.

You can get a lot of the deals from Best Buy (except the few big things they have like the laptop) and Toys-r-us. AND...they all had free shipping. So, I spent 6 weeks getting ready for BF and then ended up not going and did all my shopping on-line in 30 minutes in my jammies.

I'll do both, but I REFUSE to pay shipping!! I like the instant gratification of having the item that day.

online is ok for everyday shopping but on bf you have too get out in the stores I don't know something about everyone pushing and shoving too get to the same item just puts you in the mood for christmas.

while i enjoy shopping online...BF is more fun doing it in the stores....i enjoy lauging at the crazy people fighting and well its just more fun...

:yup: My thoughts exactly! :yup:

Hey OP :g_hello: I went to Omaha once, never again! I have been to Sioux City twice, that wasnt so bad. Usually I go to Walmart (since I am so close LOL!) when they open. Funny story.....Last year it was freezing cold and there were a lot of people waiting in line for the door to open wrapped in blankets, parkas, the whole works. I was tired and just rolled out of my warm bed and wasnt ready to brave the cold yet so I stayed in the car til the doors opened. Everybody piles, pushes and shuffles thru the entry door while about 5 people including myself slipped in the out door and beat most of them to the electronics dept. :razz:

I have bought alot on line for Christmas, usually they have a countdown sort of thing so you know when to order by. Where are you thinking of going??

Amy

That's what my sisters and I do. We wait in the car and walk up as the store is about to open. We just go in with the crowd. Some people give you dirty looks. But, eh. what do i care. We are not blood thirsty. My belief is that if i get it i get it. if not, eh, no big deal. My kids will get what they get.

We are traveling this year so anything I get in stores has to be small enough that the kids wouldn't notice. Anything bigger than a suitcase and a good deal with shipping, I'll be buying online this year.

This will be the first year I buy anything online on BF I usually like to see in person what exactly I'm getting.

My sister and I spend Thanksgiving night with a plate full of food, printouts from this website and our actual sales ads. Its a tradition. We make all of our list (what stores we are going to and what we are getting from each store) then the list are placed in order of stores to go to (we make a big circle that way we dont backtrack) and what we are getting in each store (again so we dont backtrack) They all go in a manilla folder and in the car. Then we get the rest of the car cleaned out, go to bed and get up super early. We carry energy bars and bottled water and energy drinks in the car with us....dont want to wear yourself out too early!!! :cheesy:

oh and i am with you yakyma....nothing compares to the thrill of the hunt. i dont know about yall, but my adrenaline is off the charts that day!!