Why is BF so hot?

wx4svr

My little cousin (9th grade) has a report due in about a week on an economic powerhouse, he has chosen Black Friday, and I promised him that I would help. So... why is BF so hot? I know my general reasons, but I wanna hear about yours. Thanks for the help! :yup:

just the pure excitement of the holiday season and how much of a deal u get on a particular item/s...or maybe even the converse u make or hear while standing in line waitng for the doors to open or waitinging unti the time comes for the sale to start...lol

just to name a few reasons...

oh and most people are off that day, and it follows an eating holiday so its good exercise to get those extra calories off or to eat more...lol

I love to shop first off and I love a bargain even more...and the day is full of bargain shopping, saving money, and having fun...yes you do meet some wonderful people standing in line waiting and even more fun watching the jerks show up and lose out. It is pure entertainment quite often. It is something that I do with my family and we have a great time. It is the official start of the Christmas season, which is my favorite time of the year.

I look at it like it's the big game and the object is to win...that is why we get together the night before to get a game plan in place. Just like coaches do before the big game...lol... I feel like I win big every year.

Just a few of the reasons BF is so hot in my book...

My little cousin (9th grade) has a report due in about a week on an economic powerhouse, he has chosen Black Friday, and I promised him that I would help. So... why is BF so hot? I know my general reasons, but I wanna hear about yours. Thanks for the help! :yup:

You can tell him it is a glaring example of Market Pyschology (sp). The whole thing started with the retailers- the day they finally made a profit for the year ( in the black)... and we did- and still feed into it. It actually may be interesting to demonstrate how this has turned to be a consumer driven day now by using Walmarts fiasco last year to illustrate.

I think with some research here.... he may have the best damn paper his teacher will see!!!!

You can tell him it is a glaring example of Market Pyschology (sp). The whole thing started with the retailers- the day they finally made a profit for the year ( in the black)... and we did- and still feed into it. It actually may be interesting to demonstrate how this has turned to be a consumer driven day now by using Walmarts fiasco last year to illustrate.

I think with some research here.... he may have the best darn paper his teacher will see!!!!

I think this WILL be the best paper EVER!!! Better than anything I wrote in college! :smirk:

• 2 weeks later...
As much as it is about the deals..because who doesn't love finding something great for a real bargin. I think it's transformed for a lot of people into a family tradition even more than a shopping event or an opportunity to save money. Now you can really find the same sales pretty much through the whole holiday season if you watch the sale ads and use coupons and stuff. It's not like you save SO much on BF compared to any other time. I have to say what makes BF so special is the combination of the Thanksgiving holiday and the fact that BF really kicks off the entire Christmas season. It kind of gets everyone started--ready or not.