Ohio State Football Helmet

missyjane

My daughter wants to be an Ohio State Football Player for Halloween. We have the jersey and I think I can find pants to make due but I'm having trouble finding a decent price on a full size Ohio State helmet. The best I've found is $70.00. - Which is way too much for a Halloween costume. If I could find a plain silver or gray one I could probably paint the stripes on it, but all I've been able to come up with is white.

Does anyone have any advice on where I should look?

Thanks in advance.

My daughter wants to be an Ohio State Football Player for Halloween. We have the jersey and I think I can find pants to make due but I'm having trouble finding a decent price on a full size Ohio State helmet. The best I've found is $70.00. - Which is way too much for a Halloween costume. If I could find a plain silver or gray one I could probably paint the stripes on it, but all I've been able to come up with is white.

Thanks in advance.

this might be a little on the crazy side but if you get a big balloon like a punch ball type thing that you blow up you could paper mache it and paint it as for the thing in front like the mouth guard or whatever you could find something to make that with

Where do 6th grade boys buy helmets at? I've checked all of the sports stores around here and I just can't come up with anything. I know there has to be something out there. Especially since it's football season gearing up for Christmas. It doesn't have to be for real use but don't they sell "costumes" like this for boys?

this might be a little on the crazy side but if you get a big balloon like a punch ball type thing that you blow up you could paper mache it and paint it as for the thing in front like the mouth guard or whatever you could find something to make that with

This may become a last resort, although I'm not sure if I could make it work. Thanks for the tip, they are all appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You can Paint the helmet with a can of Fusion Gray spray Paint. That New Fusion will stick to just about anything.