Homemade Holiday Gifts merged

DramaQueenLucy

I've already started on my homemade holiday gifts. I am a student, and I get incredibly busy once school starts and I tend to run out of time so this year I started early.

So far I've made a camouflage baby blanket for a nephew. And started sewing a super simple doggie bed for my mom, and an afghan for a niece.

I'll probably just make some super simple bathmilks for the teachers and siblings. But those will wait till December.

I've already started on my homemade holiday gifts. I am a student, and I get incredibly busy once school starts and I tend to run out of time so this year I started early.

So far I've made a camouflage baby blanket for a nephew. And started sewing a super simple doggie bed for my mom, and an afghan for a niece.

I'll probably just make some super simple bathmilks for the teachers and siblings. But those will wait till December.

do you have the recipes for those? I would love to make those too..

Colleen,

I love making mini-scrap books out of paper bags. You can buy a huge stack of holiday paper for 9.88 at JoAnns, and paper bags are cheap. Fill them with photos, or leave them empty.

i have posted directions somewhere here, I'll have to find them. For ideas, Ebay has tons if you search for 'paper bag album'.

I am also making sets of cards this year, birthday/chrismas/thank you, etc. just a variety so recipients can always have some on hand.

those blankets that you tie together make pretty nice gifts, I can get one done in about an hour sitting in front of the tv, if you watch joannes fabrics ads for sales they aren't too expensive & some walmarts carry the plain fabrics pretty cheap for one side

make bath salts with epsom salts

I love the idea of the dishrag filled with corn and the bathmilks if you would post directions/ingredients

those blankets that you tie together make pretty nice gifts, I can get one done in about an hour sitting in front of the tv, if you watch joannes fabrics ads for sales they aren't too expensive & some walmarts carry the plain fabrics pretty cheap for one side

Are there instructions for this? I see fabric on sale all the time at Hobby Lobby.

What kind of dip mixes do you make thats a neat idea..I made mustard one year for some friends that love my grandpas beer mustard..

I make 4 different kinds and it varies by year. I have a book with the recipes in it, so I go through and decide which ones sound good to me that year and make them.

What kind of dip mixes do you make thats a neat idea..I made mustard one year for some friends that love my grandpas beer mustard..

I can't remember what the names are, but one was a southwestern style dip and I've made a ranch dip and one that has parmesan cheese and onion flavoring.

I have an idea of a homemade gift that I want to make for few people, but not sure just how I will go about putting it together.

I want to use simple frames and make mats for a 4x6 photo. Centered at the top, using calligraphy, I want to place the words Remember When or Fond Memories. Under the photo area I want to place the following, a spin off of my favorite proverb....

Today becomes yesterday so fast, and yesterday soon becomes a distant memory. Live your todays in hope of fond memories tomorrow.

I plan to use a snapshot that includes the recipient with family and or friends at a happy event, and enclose a note that the snapshot is just an example of my fond memory of them and that I would love to see what snapshots they use to show their own fond memory.

Last year a friend gave me a terry cloth dish rag sewed together and filled with corn. You heat it up in the microwave to warm up and then put it wherever aches. Its very nice because it will fit any area. I love it :g_dance:

wow cool idea where could i get corn i assume it is the big kernelled corn that is dried? or popcorn? sorry my mind isnt working today

Are there instructions for this? I see fabric on sale all the time at Hobby Lobby.

http://www.mystuffbags.org/blanket.htm This is the one I use and I use a rotary cutter it goes a LOT faster than cutting. I am debating doing these for teachers this year but I think it may be more than I want to bite off at the moment.

I am also thinking about doing the angel wings ornaments that someone posted here last year.

http://www.mystuffbags.org/blanket.htm This is the one I use and I use a rotary cutter it goes a LOT faster than cutting. I am debating doing these for teachers this year but I think it may be more than I want to bite off at the moment.

I am also thinking about doing the angel wings ornaments that someone posted here last year.

Wow that looks really easy so easy in fact that I think I can do it...Thanks for the link.

Could someone post this again- angel wing ornaments for be good for my sister- she is a carmelite sister and all the nuns would love them.

I buy the cheap mirrors at michael's and add a picket fence to the front and maybe paint a sun- i'll post a pic because they actually look like you took alot of time

I also have taken frames, planters,mirrors, put sand on the bottom and painted a blue water scene on it- then add a small piece of terry for a towel, etc...everyone seems to love them...

This is the thread from last year. I would copy and paste it all but well I am lazy lmao. So just if anyone has questions about the things in the other thread post it here not there because noone is going to see it there since it is in the old forum.

http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60161&page=2&highlight=painted+plate

Jodi (rabx5) is the OP I believe on the angel ornaments and then Paula actually did some and posted the pictures for us to see.