DVD/DVR

Guest beatmix01

Guest beatmix01

Well my DVD player died last night, so I need a replacement. Are there TIVO's w/ DVD players built-in? I know I have seen DVD/DVR but they are priced in the $400 range.

Otherwise, I want a good DVD player sub $100.

My last was a JVC cheapy.

I know there was a popular Toshiba model that had a DVD player with TiVo (SD-H400 I believe), but I think it is discontinued. I know many people got hot deals on it at BestBuy when they were clearing them out.

Now most of the models are DVD recorders combined with TiVo. Toshiba makes 2 very nice units, one with 120GB and one with 160GB. These come with the free TiVo Basic service, so you get basic recording and guide features at no cost. You can upgrade to the regular TiVo for their normal rates. Both of these models have gotten very good reviews.

Humax makes a DVD recorder/TiVo combo that's a little cheaper. You can get it for around $400 (Target has it for $449 shipped - 10% coupon w/ free shipping) but Humax is cheap and did not license the free TiVo basic, so you'd have to pay to activate it.

If you have a Costco nearby, this is also a very good deal:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10039190&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

If you just want a basic DVD player, everyone seems to love that Philips DVP642 that plays pretty much any format you throw at it - DivX, etc...

Guest beatmix01

$100 Rebate Not Available on this Device.

Confused....:confused:

(2) TiVo* service or TiVo PlusTM service (on DVD products) activation required by 2/28/05 and must be active for at least 30 days in order to be eligible for rebate. TiVo service or TiVo Plus service must be active at the time of rebate processing to be eligible for rebate.

(3) TiVo service or TiVo Plus service required for full functionality. DVRs with TiVo BasicTM service are not eligible for $100 rebate. Activate your TiVo service or TiVo Plus service at http://www.tivo.com/activate/. (4) Valid only for new, or certified factory renewed, TiVo Series2 Digital Video Recorders purchased from a retailer or through our website (www.tivo.com). Not valid for pre-owned, second party, demo, or display DVRs. Valid only on TiVo model numbers TCD130040, TCD140060, TCD230040, TCD240080, TCD240040, TCD24008A, and TCD24004A, TCD240140, TCD540040, TCD540080, TCD540140, Humax model numbers T800, T2500, and DRT800, Toshiba model numbers SD-H400, RS-TX20, and RS-TX60, Pioneer model numbers DVR-810-HS and DVR-57H and Sony model number SVR3000.