Looking for Disney Autograph books

I am looking for inexpensive Disney Autograph books and Lanyards ( Neckstrap pin holders/keychains) We are planning a Disney trip in Oct. and we will have 6 grandchildren with us. If you have seen them or know where to buy them please let me know. Trying to save money before we get there.

Thanks,

Karen

Just an FYI, when you get to Disney you can go to Walmart and buy pins that are less expensive than the ones at the parks. Since the kids will want to trade with the Disney employees, it won't really matter what they loook like. It could save lots of money with 6 grandkids! Good Luck!

Also instead of autograph books you might want to look into buying a disney t-shirt from the Disney store and have the characters sign it. After collecting several autograph books we tried the shirt thing on our last trip and it worked great. Just take a sharpie. The kids love their shirts (even the 10 year old). We bought bigger sizes so they would grow into them. Some of them sleep in their shirts every night!

Also instead of autograph books you might want to look into buying a disney t-shirt from the Disney store and have the characters sign it. After collecting several autograph books we tried the shirt thing on our last trip and it worked great. Just take a sharpie. The kids love their shirts (even the 10 year old). We bought bigger sizes so they would grow into them. Some of them sleep in their shirts every night!

Thats a very good idea. I will remember for my kids when they get a little older.

Thanks!

Please remember that the characters at WDW are trained to sign their autographs using the WDW autograph books, and the big fat pens they sell.

If you bring a substitute - make the pen fat, so they can grip it, and the book a hardcover, not flexible.

;) We just got home from Disney with our 2 year old. My sister had made autograph books for her kids 5 & 6 year old (small spiral notepads and added stickers) I bought one for my little girl from Disney it was about $10 but beside each autograph page it had a pocket for the picture of my daughter with the character signing her book. (You could just skip pages in a smaller book and glue pictures in)

Also remember that the pins that are not Disney pins and are not tradeable with CM's. They may trade with you but it is frowned upon and you CAN be denied. I know someone on another board I am on that sells pins for 2.30 a piece shipped which is about the cheapest anywhere. I have bought from them and the pins are great, also are pins people will actually want to trade with you. :) If you are interested pm me and I will send the link and get your info. There are people there you can buy Disney lanyards from as well. I just bought 2 lanyards (stich and year of a million dreams) for 13.00 shipped. hth.

Also another option on your autograph books is to make your own. The kids get a lot more attention from the characters by doing this. You print them out on 8x8 paper and put a picture of the character in the lower corner and then you can also put the year of the trip etc. Here is an example of the ones I am making for my kids for our trip in a few weeks:

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/ms_mckenna/?action=view&current=beast2007.jpg

Oh what a wonderful idea about making your own. This is something I can get them involved in too. I am not very clever when it comes to the computer ( creating thing) but my 13 year old granddaughter can show me a thing or two. Thank you for the suggestion

• 5 weeks later...

we went to a Disney outlet store (was one in Sawgrass mills in FL) not sure where there are other ones, and bought several things before we went to the park. We then saw a lot of the same stuff, for 2x or 3x the outlet price. We bought a really nice autograph book which was metal with moveable pages for about $5? It was more at the park.

you might also find a Disney notebook at a dollar store, or somewhere which you can decorate as someone suggested. Or, even get a small sprial notebook and put in index cards which the kids can decorate.

Also, I had not been in several years, but one thing I noticed about Disney earlier this year is many of the gifts you can buy are very streamlined. While there are a zillion giftstores, they are all about the same in each of them. I think there are more unique Disney things elsewhere.

Another thing you can do, is take a roll of quarters and some shiny pennies. They have those money smash machines all over the park. But don't buy a Disney penny book, get one before you leave at maybe a bookstore or another tourist type place. It is 51 cents to do each one, but the kids could each do a few of their favorites. They also take a minute or so to do which is fun!

Another tip, if you can do a character meal, they are worth doing and a lot of fun! However, if the kids don't eat much, it can seem pricy. But, the park is $$ anyways! However, it's like a show and a meal at the same time.

Take your own snacks (low melt stuff like nuts, goldfish crackers etc) because it adds up quickly. We bought a case of water before we arrived and had it at our hotel.

If anyone is celebrating a birthday when you go (or another special day) tell them at guest relations and they will give you a pin (or if it's a first visit) they will then say "Welcome XX" Or "Happy birthday XX' when you walk around.

Sorry, more advice than needed, but just some recent good things we did!