Home Depot

zooskoo

To the OP, do you know if it is a YMMV deal or if it should be at all stores?

I'm not sure if all Home Depots have this, but I saw on another site, several posts for it as well from several states. If you're interested, definitely worth a phone call to your local HD.

My Home Depot in North Carolina had these. They were up front near the registers, with a floor model sitting out that you could try. They were not with the other vacuums. The sign said $99, but nothing about it being a clearance or sale price. When we got home and saw how much they usually cost (and we needed a new vacuum), we went back the next day and purchased it. So far, it has done great. My only complaint is that it is a bit heavier than our old vacuum, but that just takes some getting used to. Great deal!

I got the Hoover Z 700. I thought they were just different colors and wanted the darker one over the white ... the Z 700 has several extra features and was also $99. The 400 comes with an Upholstery Cleaning Tool, the 700 has Gentle Brush Setting, Pet Hair Cleaning Tool, Lifetime LED Headlights, and 16" and 14" Floor Brush. Also, the power cord on the 700 is 35', 400 is 31' :cheesy: Never thought I'd get so excited over a darn vacuum :P

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-U9145-900-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum/dp/B000CQP8TA

I looked for the Z700, but only found the z400 at ours. Either way, defiinitely a good deal. Was the z700 sitting with the z400?

I took a fast sweep over the carpet yesterday and couldn't believe how much it picked up. It is heavier than my current vacumn and the dirt canister is small, otherwise I'm impressed so far.

I looked for the Z700, but only found the z400 at ours. Either way, defiinitely a good deal. Was the z700 sitting with the z400?

I took a fast sweep over the carpet yesterday and couldn't believe how much it picked up. It is heavier than my current vacumn and the dirt canister is small, otherwise I'm impressed so far.

Our store did not have any down on display; they were 2 pallets of the 700 and 3 of the 400 up on the highest shelf. I was just giving up on finding one at all when I looked up and saw them. I also noticed that both types had the same sku # written on the sides of the pallets and when she pulled up the # to check the price before pulling the pallet for me it showed they had 24 on hand (which would have just been the 400). I had no idea until I got home that the two different colors were different model #'s, I just wanted a blue one :yup:

I went and got one today. Ours didn't have any of the z700 left but they did have the z400. I called ahead to make sure. Also, I had a $10 off coupon for Lowes so I asked them if they would accept a Lowes coupon and they said they would so I actually got mine for 89.99 plus tax. WOOHOO....... Now, I just hope it performs well.

Has anyone tryed the attachments yet.??

I really need a new sweeper and after reading about this one I checked out some reviews and the only negative things I found was that the canister was small, the weight of the machine and that It didn't have real good suction when using the attachments.

Have any of you tryed them yet???? Thanks in advance :smirk:

I agree that it is heavier than my old vacuum, but I don't really mind. The canister is also a little smaller, but I always have to empty it after I vacuum once (even with my old vacuum). I have used the pull out hose and I really liked it. I can sit the vacuum at the bottom of our steps, pull out the hose and use it all the way to the top of the steps without moving the vacuum. It had great suction as far as I could tell. I have been very pleased with it and you can't beat the price! It is much nicer than my old Bissell!

Has anyone tryed the attachments yet.??

I really need a new sweeper and after reading about this one I checked out some reviews and the only negative things I found was that the canister was small, the weight of the machine and that It didn't have real good suction when using the attachments.

Have any of you tryed them yet???? Thanks in advance :smirk:

I have used the attachments and they seem to work great. In my opinion, this thing works great! It picked up a bunch of the white powder stuff you sprinkle on your carpet to make it stink (carpet fresh; and a tone of it) ... I haven't used that stuff in over a year! I was sold when I saw that! Yuck huh :yup: It is heavier and the canister is smaller but I can vacuum my whole house without having to dump it. It is also very quite, you can carry on a conversation while you vacuum; I have even talked on the phone!

(sorry, I don't have the SKU, I don't have my receipt)

Personally, I am not happy with this purchase and am hoping they will take it back. The filter in the cannister gets clogged easily and you lose suction (I noticed this with the attachments). Also when emptying the cannister, it is extremely messy. JMO, but I'd rather go spend the extra $$$ and get a dyson.

So far I am very impressed with the vacumn. Very quiet. Extra long cord and hose--great for stairs. It has an exclusive self cleaning filter. Also stops immediately when you suck up things--don't ask how I found that out! The only negatives are the weight and size of dirt cup. The weight I can adjust to--I think the Dyson has the same complaint--at least the first ones did.

My Home Depot had both the Hoover z400 and z700. I picked up the Hoover z700 last night. Thanks amyj0_99 for posting that you could use your Lowe's coupons at Home Depot, I used a $10.00 Lowe's coupon, so my z700 was only $89.00!!!