swingset for 2 year old :yelclap:

:yelclap: I am looking for a play set for outside at my house for my little girl's birthday. She will be 2 in May and loves to go to the park and play. I am wanting a smaller set instead of a large wooden set, in a few years we plan to invest in a BIG GIRL swing set. I want get a plastic playground with a climber, slides and a swing. (little tikes brand comes to mind) Any suggestions would be appreciated? Where can you get the best deals? (Shipping is very high on the ones I have looked at) :eyepoppin

Thanks!:)

:cheesy:

Toys R Us carries most of the Little Tikes products in the store. They are stored in the back and usually there is a little kiosk in the front of the store with pictures of what they have. In particular, they carry the Little Tikes Variety Climber w/ Swing Extension (sounds like the set you are describing).

You can also try Craigslist for a used set, but you have to be very quick-anything Little Tikes or Step 2 sells VERY fast!

Unless you're made of money, I would get the "Big Girl" set now.

We have 1 of those wood sets... 2 slides, climbing rope, 3 swings etc....and my boys don't really use it that much. They would rather swim/play basketball/use the trampoline.

MOST swingsets seem to be unloved and unused, you may find some in the paper used...or even on freecycle or ebay.

We had this for our kids -- they loved it & played on it daily. My little one who was 4 1/2 when we got rid of it still played on it, but it was much too small for my 7 year old (he chose to climb on it & sit on the top.) We replaced it with a big wooden one last year. We gave it to friends of ours with much younger kids, they also seem to enjoy it.

http://zoomcc.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/zoomcc_littletikes/Image/Media/JPD451VA_200.jpg

Little Tikes stuff surely holds up. I have a house that was my nieces (she's now 20), we used the krylon plastic spray paint to brighten it up & changed the door from pink to blue--kids love it.