Ideas for Easter baskets?

I usually get my children 5, 7, 10 a chocolate bunny, some jelly beans, marshmellow chicks and a few spring/summer toys; such as garden gloves/shovels, Rain boots, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and a spring outfit. This is the same thing that my parents did for me when I was growing up.

What great ideas everybody has! I think I'm going to do a few chocolates, some plastic eggs with money and some little toys. My 3 yr old keeps talking about Peter Pan so he might get that DVD and my 11 yr old step son recently had his Game Boy Micro stolen at school so he might get a gift card to EB games so he can buy a used one to replace it. This will be my first year actually making them and I'm so excited. Thanks for all the ideas!

What great ideas everybody has! I think I'm going to do a few chocolates, some plastic eggs with money and some little toys. My 3 yr old keeps talking about Peter Pan so he might get that DVD and my 11 yr old step son recently had his Game Boy Micro stolen at school so he might get a gift card to EB games so he can buy a used one to replace it. This will be my first year actually making them and I'm so excited. Thanks for all the ideas!

Are you ruffling the baskets and everything? If you need any tips, just let me know.

If anyone needs some how to tips, I would love tohelp out.

:gdflower3:

Easter (for some reason) has turned into the time I buy new socks & undies for the Family. I roll the socks into egg shapes (easy for DD b/c hers are pastels). A package of some character of undies. A craft/coloring book for each, bubbles & chocolate!!!!!

btw - DD is 6 DS is 4 but even DH 38 gets new undies too :smirk:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, Some of these really over the top! Good for you and great deals.

DS#1 (3yrs old)

Jump rope, book, bubbles, spiderman ball, chocolate bunny, peeps and starburt jelly beans.

DS#2 (1yr old)

Book, elmo ball, stuffed bunny, choclate bunny, peeps and some gerber fruit snacks.

I am now also thinking of adding seeds (great idea) and I saw a velco bunny toss game the two boys can kind of play together.

We also host the family egg hunt.(7 kids between 5 and 14 months) So if you include that loot they are making out!

DH is getting a Wii game and a chocolate bunny.

Teh bunny normally forgets me :( I must have been bad all year.:tongue1:

Are you ruffling the baskets and everything? If you need any tips, just let me know.

If anyone needs some how to tips, I would love tohelp out.

:gdflower3:

Thanks for the offer but with 2 boys I don't think I'll do any ruffling. Maybe just a bow on top.

We are torn between 2 different ideas for this year...

Target has some awesome pre-made baskets. They are much cheaper than putting your own together. DD would love the Crayola one, and DS wants the Pirates of Carribbean one.

DD needs a new fishing pole. She's 2 and a fanatic. I'm thinking about getting them each the little backpack telescopic ones. We travel a lot, and they would be so easy to take with us. DS uses an adult pole, but those come in telescopic also.

I always stick in socks, sandals, or anything else I'm buying anyways to make it seem like they got more.

For those of you using my gardening idea.. they have some cute tools and stuff at the Dollar Tree. Planters are really cheap at Family Dollar, and they make great baskets. I have also used the summer plasticware from Walmart.