Laptop help

Just Me

I'm trying to buy a new laptop with our tax refund. The guys at BB are trying to tell me I need 2GB ram to run vista and saying all kinds of stuff. At this point I think they are trying to make a huge sale more than anything. I would like a reliable brand and I don't care how much it weighs, I mainly need to do PSP, animation shop, have my photos on there, email(I use Incredimail), and some of my stuff for business, but that's just documents for the most part. Any suggestions for a machine that will do all this for the best price? Thanks :)

First, you definitely don't need 2GB of RAM for Vista. 1GB is more than good enough, and you could always add more later.

Here are some of our recently posted laptop deals:

http://www.gottadeal.com/Deals/Category/laptops

Dell Home usually has decent deals on their E1505 models. If you can give us a price range, we can give you more specific suggestions.

It seems like you have pretty basic needs and could go with a decent budget laptop. My son's $399 laptop will do all that you're looking to do. I know Photoshop puts a huge strain, but I think PSP and Animation Shop are much tamer.

Me, on the other hand -- uh, I think I need a Toughbook, lol. I am brutal on laptops. I use and abuse them until they're dead. :eek:

As another posted stated, you don't need 2 gigs or ram. Power developers don't usually have that much in their pc's. I tlooks like there is a compaq presario at Stamples tomorrow for $479 after rebate. It only has 512 ram but you can upgrade it fairly cheap. It also comes with an HP inkjet printer for free.