Turkey Fryer

Dena Neal

We had a cheap one for like 59.00,used only a few times and a pin hole was in the bottom of pot making a heck of a mess and dangerous. At Christmas we got a new one that is all stainless,came with a table and a extra pot that is a good size for wings or potatoes or onion rings.Got it at Dick`s sporting goods. It was like 119.00 but will last forever I hope.

This one has a spigot on the side for easier resuse of peanut oil. If you fry turkey's very often it is cheaper to use peanut oil and reuse it several times before it goes bad. Vegetable oil goes bad after 1 use, or so we have found. It's a pain to try and strain the particles on the bottom of the pan out so that they don't get in the plastic jug. The spigot eliminates that.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=89506&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Thanks for all of the great information. I loved the one on Amazon but I waited too long to get this birthday gift purchased.

I ended up at Dick's on his birthday but I got a great deal -- and he seems to think it is a good one.

THe sign said save $20; Original 79.99 marked down to 59.99 -- however by the UPC code on the box it said 49.99. When it rang up 59.99 I said the price on the box says 49.99 - she said she would fix it. Then I had a save 20% on 1 item coupon. She asked me if I had any other coupons and I said 'yeah, but I think this one is expired (b/c it was) and she said oh -- that's ok and took that coupons off too ($10 off $50).... so I got the $80 fryer for $30... I had a $20 credit from a Christmas return so I only had to pay out $10 in cash!!!

Hopefully this one lasts for awhile --- if not I'm definatley going to order the Amazon model!!

Thanks for all of the great information. I loved the one on Amazon but I waited too long to get this birthday gift purchased.

I ended up at Dick's on his birthday but I got a great deal -- and he seems to think it is a good one.

THe sign said save $20; Original 79.99 marked down to 59.99 -- however by the UPC code on the box it said 49.99. When it rang up 59.99 I said the price on the box says 49.99 - she said she would fix it. Then I had a save 20% on 1 item coupon. She asked me if I had any other coupons and I said 'yeah, but I think this one is expired (b/c it was) and she said oh -- that's ok and took that coupons off too ($10 off $50).... so I got the $80 fryer for $30... I had a $20 credit from a Christmas return so I only had to pay out $10 in cash!!!

Hopefully this one lasts for awhile --- if not I'm definatley going to order the Amazon model!!

Good Grief!!! You got a bargain!!! Good job.:yup: