Kids Glasses Online

Haley28

I have a 7 year old son who wears glasses. He has bad eyesight, so he needs to wear them all day. My problem is he is EXTREMELY rough on them. He first got glasses 2 years ago, and since then, we have bought at least 10 pairs of glasses.

They will either get knocked off and stepped on, or a ball will hit him in the face and break them, and a couple pairs he has lost. Everytime we have to replace them we spend at least 100.00 on new ones at our local optical place. It is very frustrating and expensive! We don't have insurance that covers glasses.

My question is have any of you ordered glasses online and how did you like them? I have looked around the internet and have found some good reviews on 39dollareyeglasses.com. They also have kids titanium glasses for 79.00.

If any of you have some advice on strong kids glasses, and the best place to get them cheaper, please let me know. I hate to order them online, unless I know that they will look nice and that the company is reputable. Thanks!:smart:

Have you tried xgame brand glasses? They are very flexible. My son is also 7 and wears glasses and is rough on them and we also end up spending alot on glasses! I found a website that offered cheap ones but I couldn't find any reviews on the site. I think the site was called LBWeyewear.com

As long as they are not lost, Sears will replace and/or fix them, inital cost was $90. I am very interested in this too as my daughter is hard on them also. I have also purchased them at Target optical, where they give 40% off sometimes (2x per year) and we got the transition lenses for $125. That was a great deal!

I would not go with sears for childrens glasses. I did get a pair from their and was very unsatisfied with their policy about replacing them and fixing them. They were rude about it and the glasses themselves were not well made. They broke every week.

I haven't tried Sears or anything. I live in a small area, and it's an hour drive to a Sear's or Target. That's why I was wondering if the ones online were good, because it would be more convenient (and cheaper) as much as he breaks them.