Sleep Number Mattress

ken9455

I have owned one for six years and absolutely LOVE it. HOWEVER, I just moved this past week, and when I deflated the air chamber I noticed it was damp and some tiny spots of mold had begun to form on the foam topper mattress pad that covers the air chambers. EKKKK, dreaded MOLD!!! I immediately called Select Comfort and they replaced the items no questions asked. I asked why this happened b/c I have moved the mattress before and there were no problems. The customer service representative said that it can happen from ones body heat and the resulting condensation. From now on I will check the mattress periodically, but I do have to say...the level of customer service is TOP NOTCH! Hope this helps!

We bought our Sleep Number bed off of QVC several years ago and have not had any problems with it. I have had back issues since my first pregnancy, so the ability to adjust the firmness is wonderful. My husband keeps his side very "squishy" ... if you ask me, it's nearly deflated! :rolleyes: I have not moved my bed since we originally purchased it, so I'm now going to check on the condition inside...never thought of condensation or mold being a problem. :( Hopefully all is well.

Guest JeepMom

I've spilled tea, cats peed on it, kids peed on it, you name it, we've never had a mold issue.

We love our bed, our oldest has one as well. When the baby is in a twin, she will have one as well.

Same situation for me. Slept on one at a Radisson recently...hated it. It was very hard around the edges of the mattress and I could never seem to find a comfortable number. It seems as though other people love it though. I would give it another try.

I have owned one for six years and absolutely LOVE it. HOWEVER, I just moved this past week, and when I deflated the air chamber I noticed it was damp and some tiny spots of mold had begun to form on the foam topper mattress pad that covers the air chambers. EKKKK, dreaded MOLD!!! I immediately called Select Comfort and they replaced the items no questions asked. I asked why this happened b/c I have moved the mattress before and there were no problems. The customer service representative said that it can happen from ones body heat and the resulting condensation. From now on I will check the mattress periodically, but I do have to say...the level of customer service is TOP NOTCH! Hope this helps!

Hi, question, did they come and pick up your old foam topper? or did they just send a new one?

Thanks!

We've had a Sleep Number bed for 4 1/2 years, and have slept great for about 1 of them. We really liked it in the beginning, even went in to re-check our numbers, get accessory pillows and the works. It was great when I was pregnant as I gained weight, but now, my husband keeps saying we should get rid of it. There's nothing wrong with the air, etc. Although we have done as they recommend; to keep the same number for a while, one of us seems to wake up to a sore back. They say that 90% of the customers would recommend Sleep Number to someone; we must be part of the 10%!

We have had one for about 6 years I think. We love ours. I used to get up every morning with a lower backache but have not since we started sleeping on the Select Comfort. The only thing that bothered me when we first got it was I felt like I was going to fall off of it for some reason and I called the person at the store and talked to them and they told me that was a frequent complaint when people first start sleeping on one but it would go away after sleeping on it for awhile and it did. There is not a store here and we bought ours in another city and they sent it to us by Fedx. There were lots of boxes but it was not that hard to put together.

How often should u buy a new mattress anyways?

I thought they lasted forever lol:yuck:

Mine claimed a 20 year warranty. I am on year 18, now and have no complaints, yet. We do keep up with flipping the mattress every month. End for end and top to bottom. DH weighs 100 lbs more than me and would create a huge sinkhole if we did not flip. HTHPosted Image