Number of posts?

KitaKaT

I've seen this thread before, but I still don't understand. i'm not getting any post credits for anything I post. Its been like that for a month or so... what gives???

Thanx!

I just noticed it did give me a point for this one. So, does that mean that being we don't get any points for thanking or commenting on others posts, that we shouldn't even bother?

As explained/discussed in other threads, posting only "counts" towards your post count in certain sub-forums. Those that do not count include Freebies and Contests, so if you only post in there, your post count will not go up. You will, however, get GottaPoints for starting new a new thread in any section. This was done partly to stop people from getting artifically inflated post counts by just typing in "thanks, thanks, thanks" everywhere, and to try to settle some problems we were having on the forum related to post counts.

As for whether or not you should "bother" to participate, that's your choice. This is a deals site first and a business, and we spend very large amounts of time and resources maintaining the non-income generating parts of the site (Freebies, etc), so we view that itself as one of the privledges of belonging, not the posts or GottaPoints. Such issues is one of the reason we stopped post counts and GottaPoints in those sections.