Looking for HDTV, 27" or larger, CRT OK, under $550

Title pretty much says it all. We are looking to get an HDTV, at least 27". Anything bigger is a plus, but not a necessity. We have a 27" now and are ok with that. A standard tube TV set is fine, we don't need plasma or anything. I need to keep this under $550, even with rebates. If it is under $550 and has rebates, awesome, but we cant do a rebate to get it under 550. Anyone know of anything?

I just purchased a 27" Toshiba a week ago that I am very happy with.

It was recommended on consumer reports.

MSRP on Toshiba's site is $350.

Sears item #05747486000 Mfr. model #27DF46

Sears and BB were competitive for pricing when I shopped a few weeks ago.

DESCRIPTION:

Want to replace your current tube ( CRT) TV with a similar set but be ready for the digital television future? The Toshiba FST PURE® flat screen SDTV receives all digital television signals, using an internal ATSC digital tuner, and then converts those signals to standard definition ( 480i) (antenna may be required).

I just purchased a 27" Toshiba a week ago that I am very happy with.

It was recommended on consumer reports.

MSRP on Toshiba's site is $350.

Sears item #05747486000 Mfr. model #27DF46

Sears and BB were competitive for pricing when I shopped a few weeks ago.

DESCRIPTION:

Want to replace your current tube ( CRT) TV with a similar set but be ready for the digital television future? The Toshiba FST PURE® flat screen SDTV receives all digital television signals, using an internal ATSC digital tuner, and then converts those signals to standard definition ( 480i) (antenna may be required).

Ah, but yours is an SDTV, and we are looking for HDTV :) TY tho.

I can't get the 1st link to work, but the 2nd is the one I have been looking at. Circuit City has it for $549.99, and with a 10% coupon that will drop it to $495. The amazon is $459, but it comes to $589 after shipping! I think thei may be the way we go, the reviews seem excellent.

Try this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7601491&type=product&id=1130981881933

The Amazon one is $499 with free shipping through Amazon - make sure you are looking at Amazon and not a third-party seller on the page like J&R

Try this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7601491&type=product&id=1130981881933

The Amazon one is $499 with free shipping through Amazon - make sure you are looking at Amazon and not a third-party seller on the page like J&R

I looked at the amazon one, but it told me it did not qualify for free shipping???? The J&R one was the one with over $100 shipping. Trying the new link now.

Wow, what a great price on teh Insignia. I am kinda afraid of Insignia tho, you never know what you are getting. I will dig a little deeper on this one tomorrow. Thanks Brad!

Ah, but yours is an SDTV, and we are looking for HDTV :) TY tho.

The trick with this one is that is will receive and convert HDTV signals.

I am not that picky about picture quality - so, I can use this for the next several years while HDTV makes its way into the market.

It will take some bargain hunting to get the HDTV in the budget you have.... good luck!

I hope you find a sweet deal!

:fishing: