Garmin Nuvi 360

I'm looking for a deal on a Garmin Nuvi 360 GPS. The cheapest I can find it at this point is $507.00. I usually go to bizrate.com to find prices on items like this. Are there any places that you can be automaticly notified if the price reaches a certain point? I'm guessing that the price should start to drop since the new models are coming out now. Any advise on where to look?

First, welcome to GottaDeal (even though you registered in November) :)

Second, great choice on the 360 - I have one and it's great :D

Third, it seems that there are quite a few places in the $500-510 range right now:

http://gottadeal.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18375495/sort_type=bottomline

Like you said, these should drop with the new models coming out. Since this is such a popular model, if there are any really great deals on it, I'll be sure to post them here on the site, otherwise I'd just recommend checking the price comparison sites every day or so to keep track of the price drops.

Thanks for the info! Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? I have been looking between the 350, 360 and the 660, but have settled in on the 360. I am in Nebraska, so it really wouldn't pay to get the 660 because we do not have the traffic coverage here. At least with the 360 I can use the blue tooth. Are there any downfalls that I should know about with this unit? Do you recommend it over other models and brands?

First, welcome to GottaDeal (even though you registered in November) :)

Second, great choice on the 360 - I have one and it's great :D

Third, it seems that there are quite a few places in the $500-510 range right now:

http://gottadeal.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18375495/sort_type=bottomline

Like you said, these should drop with the new models coming out. Since this is such a popular model, if there are any really great deals on it, I'll be sure to post them here on the site, otherwise I'd just recommend checking the price comparison sites every day or so to keep track of the price drops.

What do you think the odds are of seeing this unit for under the $400 mark?

The Garmins are nice and I considered buying the Nuvi 360, however during the holidays, TomTom was running a $100 rebate so I wound up buying the TomTom Go910 for $424 after rebate. The unit is great and with the new mount and updated maps it is just as good as the Nuvi (a friend of mine has one). Plus for $100 less than the 360, I wound up getting something comparable to the Nuvi 660. Unfortunately, the rebate is no longer available, but wanted to let you know of another model to consider. The Garmin/TomTom debate is as bad as the Ford/Chevy debate!

I tried doing as much research as possible between what I feel is the top three, Garmin, tomtom, and magellan. Consumer reports gave the Garmin 350 the top spot off all the brands. What I found with TomTom is from the way I understand it, TomTom is coming out with the technology in their 2007 models that Garmin had in 2006. I could be wrong, but it was my impression. Magellan is completely out of my consideration. It was like pulling teeth trying to get any information out of their people. Thank you so much for your opinions, and I welcome anyones take on what they feel is the better brand. This will be my first GPS, and welcome the opinions.

• 1 month later...