Does anybody own the Samsung SCH-a930 cell phone?

rabx5

I hope this is the right place to put this.

It's time for a new phone through Verizon and I am very interested in this phone. It's either that or the LG VX8300.

Online I can get either phone free- free shipping and free activation. At Walmart, I can get the LG free but pay $23.88 for the Samsung. However, the Samsung comes with a bluetooth headset and the audio transfer software and cable.

I'm in a pickle. I really want a headset!! I really want the audio crapola too :tongue1: I think $23.88 for those things are a great deal. The audio thingy is $40 alone.

As usual- my husband says stick with the free :wife: Cheapskate ;)

Help me decide :gd_shake:

I am waiting for this phone to arrive. i have asked at several Verizon stores and they all

have and highly recommend this phone, so that is why I bought this one. I didn't do the

WM one I just ordered on line for free.

I do mean the LG one not the samsung. I do have a samsung now and it has been good

but its seen alot of wear and tear!

walmart does verizon upgrades?

i don't really like that samsung phone, it is just not fun like the LG. how long is the contract? if it it's not that long, you can just get the samsung and get another new phone next year. if it's two years, you'll have to decide how much you want to deal with for two years.

i have the chocolate and i didn't want the other phones (well outside of the enV). my bf got the most basic LG when his contract was up because he doesn't do anything with his phone. believe me, i'll never use this phone for music - that's what i have the ipod for - but this phone was just more fun, and the other samsungs (which i love as a phone company) were just.. not appealing looking.

Well, I was wrong. To renew at Walmart, it would cost me $73 :mad: If it was new, it would have been $23. WTF? Punish me for being a loyal customer? I ended up ordering the LG online free last night. I also renewed my 2 year contract.

Stupid Walmart :wife:

Well, I was wrong. To renew at Walmart, it would cost me $73 :mad: If it was new, it would have been $23. WTF? Punish me for being a loyal customer? I ended up ordering the LG online free last night. I also renewed my 2 year contract.

Stupid Walmart :wife:

yeah that's what i thought would happen. walmart gets more money if you are a new verizon customer instead of an upgrade, since they get the commission for opening a new account through verizon.

you could always do what i do - but unfortunately it requires changing your phone number each time. i just sign a new contract and cancel the old phone. the only catch is that you have to get a new number, and it has to be a different name on the account - so this time it's my mom opening the contract instead of me. but because there are so many incentives for opening new lines, i got my LG chocolate for free. (i didn't have to pay sales tax or activiation either that weekend.)

and you have to be REALLY forceful when you're cancelling the phone line, they try whatever they can to keep you on. just tell them you're leaving the country, that usually works the best.