Laptop

i am also looking for one for my son, but would like to only spend 350 if at all possible, i know right before christmas office max or depot or something like that had them for this price with a printer, is it still possible to find a deal like that?

I'm not sure if this is only local(western MA) but Staples had a full page ad in the paper yesterday for a sale 1/24-1/27. In it there was a laptop for $549 with 2 $50 rebates(one instant, one "easy rebate") AND a $30 off over $199 coupon you could clip and use for a total of $130 off bringing the laptop down to $419.

try dell outlet. i just bought a great refurbed insiron laptop for 620 shipped. it has a better warranty than the new laptops.

Tried to send you a PM --wouldn't go thru and I don't see your e-mail. I could really use a discount for the Dell laptop my DD need for 9th grade. Thanks

I didn't use a discount. the 620 was the price in the outlet for the inspiron.

it has anAMD, 1 Ram, 80 HD and 8X double layer dvd writer. with 1 year in home warranty. you just have to watch the outlet...the inventory changes constantly.

Good Luck!

A laptop in 9th grade????

I didn't use a discount. the 620 was the price in the outlet for the inspiron.

it has anAMD, 1 Ram, 80 HD and 8X double layer dvd writer. with 1 year in home warranty. you just have to watch the outlet...the inventory changes constantly.

Good Luck!

A laptop in 9th grade????

No she's not that spoiled type, just the particular school she attends requires it!!!!! I'm going to have to get her one eventually, and I don't have a choice. Wish I had one????

I talked to my customer today and he is getting one from Dell Outlet. Told me to pick one out for him. What he has decided to do is he will get the new one and he will give his employee the old one :) I told him that is what I would do.

You know alot of schools are giving kids laptops when they hit highschool.

I talked to my customer today and he is getting one from Dell Outlet. Told me to pick one out for him. What he has decided to do is he will get the new one and he will give his employee the old one :) I told him that is what I would do.

You know alot of schools are giving kids laptops when they hit highschool.

I don't know where you are, but in Oregon the public schools don't have the budget for that. Granted even our elementary schools have the students use them in school. Is that what you meant? There's a big difference between giving them one & allowing them to use them during school. If your talking private schools, they don't GIVE you anything, you pay for it one way or another. That being said, my son attends a Charter school for half the week & is studying programming & networking. He is not required to have one, they have plenty at school. He just bought one because he wanted one.

Don't forget Word, whatever you do. A laptop is useless at school without it. So whatever you get needs some sort of Office software with Word. Without it you cannot open up things from or at school because they'll be in word format. I would talk to the school, if they require a laptop it probabaly has minimum specs. You'll need a carrying case as well.

Kristy