Looking for Cheapest Airfare

Please help, I am trying to help my baby brother find the cheapest deal on airfare from Korea back to the United States. Can anyone give me an idea of which would be the better deal: a travel agency, online or directly through an airline company? This is the first time I have tried to help look for a ticket so I am lost.:confused: Thank you so much! :fluffy:

My husband flew back from Korea when our daughter was born via C-Section (the army refused to fly him home and said we had to pay for it). We looked online for deals just to see how much it was. The army did the arrangements for him which was supposed to be a lot cheaper, but looking online it was not that much cheaper than finding a deal online ourselves. Delta does flights out of Seoul via Korean Air, so you may want to check with them.

I was referred to www.farecast.com

I've noticed that sometimes Expedia or travelocity are cheaper,

then sometimes the airline itself is, due to a promo they have going on.

Just hit or miss. (IMO)

Good luck.. I"m still searching for cheap airline tickets myself.

Try searching on bestfares.com. You don't need to be a member to look and you can do a "low fare city search" which will also give you prices for alternative airports. They give you published and members only fares and you can guage by that. I think its like $60 to be a member but that can pay off big time if the fare is right. I also know that aerlingus does fare auctions and you can sometimes get REALLY GOOD deals on there, too. I book a lot of travel for my company and our employees always come to me to help them get a good deal on personal travel.

Another hint on personal travel. Airlines hold fares for people when asked (like 24 hours). However, come midnight, those fares are released again if not booked. So...you can often find those really good deals in the wee hours of the morning if nobody has taken advantage of them. I myself have gotten GREAT fares at 1:00 a.m.!! LOL

I'd be more than happy to help you look if you want to send me a private message with the details. I'm going to be out of town tonight but will be back tomorrow morning/early afternoon and would love to help you look!!

Sorry...I did this in a hurry from work when I saw you were looing for airfare. The correct airline for the travel auctions is not Aer Lingus...its Lufthansa (I had just booked someone on Aer Lingus which is why I had that on my mind). Anyway, you may be able to find something on Lufthansa if you look. Good luck!