Kohls return question

Guest RealLivePrinces
Buy 1 Get 1 sales are really what we do between in between percentage sales... if you really only want one, I'd just wait. Would save you time waiting at customer service. Quite frankly, BOGO sales are rarely the best ones for the dollar anyway.

Returning ANYTHING at my Kohl's is nearly impossible. Mom got a sweater from an out-of-state friend once. Too small. Tried to return, no receipt. Kohl's made her exchange for another item of the EXACT same price. Meaning...sweater was $19.99, she was not allowed to exchange for above that amount and pay the difference. She wanted a $22.99 sweater and more than willing to pay the difference. NO GO!!! Also, she tried to exchange for a $18.99 sweater and was going to give up the dollar. NO GO!!

Dad got shoes once. Wrong size. Wanted to exchange for different size the very NEXT day. Even exchange, EXACT item, just a diff. size. They thought they were going to make him pay $10 more because the sale of the previous day was over!!!! He had a fight on his hands and ended up having the CS chick in tears. Dad is a nice, calm, reasonable person, but this policy got the best of him. He finally got the shoes, but the manager on duty told him "just this once" Like it ws against the usual store policy! WTF??????

Kohl's is great for bargains, but don't buy unless you are SURE you will not need to return.

Returning ANYTHING at my Kohl's is nearly impossible. Mom got a sweater from an out-of-state friend once. Too small. Tried to return, no receipt. Kohl's made her exchange for another item of the EXACT same price. Meaning...sweater was $19.99, she was not allowed to exchange for above that amount and pay the difference. She wanted a $22.99 sweater and more than willing to pay the difference. NO GO!!! Also, she tried to exchange for a $18.99 sweater and was going to give up the dollar. NO GO!!

Dad got shoes once. Wrong size. Wanted to exchange for different size the very NEXT day. Even exchange, EXACT item, just a diff. size. They thought they were going to make him pay $10 more because the sale of the previous day was over!!!! He had a fight on his hands and ended up having the CS chick in tears. Dad is a nice, calm, reasonable person, but this policy got the best of him. He finally got the shoes, but the manager on duty told him "just this once" Like it ws against the usual store policy! WTF??????

Kohl's is great for bargains, but don't buy unless you are SURE you will not need to return.

OK i dont know where you live but you should have talked to a manager. I work at kohls and they are great about returns. even w/out a recipt. Your mom must have encoutred a new hire because. as for your dad "just this once" is what they tell everyone....everytime. and ok if you dont get anywhere with the clerk ask them to call a manager for goodness sake

I have never had problems with returning and/or exchanging at Kohls.

I have done a direct exchange for the same item but different size (originally on sale but higher priced on the return date) - quick and easy switch with a smile.

Returns without a receipt too - no problem - I had a store credit for one item that wouldn't scan and I think that they gave me the lowest price within the last X weeks but that was fine because I know that I bought it at the lowest price anyway:)

Sometimes there is a short line at the CS desk - but not too bad

Guest RealLivePrinces

Meaning...sweater was $19.99, she was not allowed to exchange for above that amount and pay the difference.

That sounds like the sale price, which means the associate was dead wrong and probably was mentored for a little while by managers afterwards.

However, even exchanges without receipts IS a policy of ours and we're one of the few retail stores that does it. If she was simply exchanging the same sweater for a different size, there shouldn't have been any problem because original price exchanges for original price. (Sale prices make no difference and are not a consideration).

If it was a different sweater, she should've returned it for merchandise credit and just applied the difference. Those policies are clearly posted by customer service.

Even exchange, EXACT item, just a diff. size. They thought they were going to make him pay $10 more because the sale of the previous day was over!!!!

Also wrong. Customers have 14 days after the lowest sale price for us to honor it. (Unless it was an early bird sale, but if it was an even exchange, again, it would just be the original price exchanged).

That said, leaving any associate in tears is nothing to boast about and pretty much makes my sympathy for the situation zero.

OK, I'm back......Mom did NOT have a receipt, it was a gift from an out of state friend. They told her the exchange item had to be EXACTLY the same price. She even requested a store credit so she could come back at another time to use it. They would not do it.

Dad DID have the receipt. He bought the shoes the day before himself.

He DID talk to a manager, he requested one as soon as he realized he would get no where with the CS clerk. She was in tears because he asked for a manager. I was not BOASTING about this fact, merely relating it. Dad is a reasonable OLD man. ALL he wanted to do was get the SAME shoes a size bigger. Why would that be so hard????

I was not asking or looking for 'sympathy' here. I was, again, merely relating a situation. BTW, the Kohl's I am talking about is in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Nice small college town.

The only time I see a smile at my Kohl's store is when they are trying to get you to sign up for the credit card. There is never anyone in the Dept.'s to ask for help. Seems the only employees on duty are on a register or at the CS counter. I nevger see anyone stocking or straightening shelves.

Maybe my store is struggling and good help is hard to find and keep?? Maybe my store is the exception rather than the rule of most other Kohl's stores? I don't know...:g_shrug: