Cheapest place to buy toddler bed

fulfam

You should check the classifieds in your area. You can get a really nice themed toddler bed for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I got a choo choo train one from a lady down our street, took it out in the driveway, bleached it, cleaned in the nooks and crannies with a toothbrush and bought a new matress. My littlest one is thrilled, not to mention I am too! Got it for free and then paid like $25 bucks for a mattress. The bed was over $150 new!

how old is the person you are buying the bed for? I also recommend looking into a toddler bed. My dd wasnt in hers for very long... maybe 6 months before she moved to a twin bed. anyways, i bought mine from a garage sale for $18. it was white metal, just the frame(already had the mattress from her crib). I still have it though, in my attic. just in case i use it for the baby.

if you are worried about them falling out, you could always purchase them side rails or put one side of the bed up along a wall.

but if a toddler bed is what you want... scour your classifieds, like the previous poster said or look at goodwill stores or garage sales.

I got my daughter's at one of those traveling sales. It's solid wood. I love it and I've never seen another one like it. I paid $32 for it. I would also check yard sales. I wouldn't recommend getting one of the plastic ones from walmart that usually have the characters all over it. I did not find good reviews on them when I was looking for one. My neice had one of the white metal frame toddler beds. It came from a yard sale but you can get them new at walmart. I would get one of those before I'd get the plastic. They just seem more durable.

Have you checked the baby & kid section of craigslist? great deals on used stuff! craigslist.org then go your state, then nearest city on the right side then baby & kids from the menu in the middle of the page.

Ebay is also a great place to find toddler beds.

check craigslist or freecycle first!

we had a plastic car bed (the yellow buggie car)for my oldest...he was in it for about 9 months, then my 2 nephews had it and it came back here for our play room, then I sold it to a lady down the street (bought it for $100, sold it for $20...tons of kids used it and it is STILL in good shape!).

we had those metal frame toddler beds for our twins (nephews were still in car bed lol), those were ok, but we had to constantly re-tighten all the screws...

it really is a personal thing I guess, but if you can get one used, I would do that