Home Renovations

Im about to purchase a house that needs a few things redone in it. Example, windows, roofing, kitchen makeover and installation of new bathroom. Any one have any tips on getting the best prices for these things? Thanks.

check Home Depot. we put down wood flooring about 1 1/2 years ago and Home Depot not only had the best price but they were offering no payment no interest for 12 months on all purchasesover $300 if you used a Home Depot Credit Card so we opened one.

The flooring we bought from Home Depot was the exact same thing we were looking at through a flooring company. Same manufacturer; however, the style name was different at Home Depot. Do some research and compare prices. I think you will be surprised. I suggest going to a Home Depot Expo if there is one close to you.

My neighbor used Lowe's for a lot of things, and on occasion got free delivery, etc. I know at one point he signed up for a Lowe's credit card and got a huge discout (ie % off first purchase, and they really made it count).

And ask around, your neighbors may have done similar remodeling and have good recommendations.

Good Luck!

If you are moving both Home Depot and Lowe's offer a 10% off entire purchase coupon. I think 1 of the links is on www.wow-coupons.com. You will need to fill out your personal information and they send you an email. THe UPC code is only good 1 time b/c I printed 2 times and the second time they told me that the coupon had already been redeemed.

You can also search ebay for items like this. It is alot more work but sometimes you can find deals.