help...target sale on linksys wireless and router

jcarr492

target weekly ad has the linksys wireless or the router for 49.99..which would i get, one or both? i have the emachines from last years bf and got the toshiba laptop this past bf and want to be able to use my laptop in the home when we move, in any room. but don't know if these are a good buy and if so, which would I need for dsl when we have that set up next month??? thanks.

target weekly ad has the linksys wireless or the router for 49.99..which would i get, one or both? thanks.

They're two totally different items in the target ad. One is a USB wireless adapter: You would need this only if your laptop or desktop doesn't already have a wireless card. The other item in the ad is the wireless router itself: You definitely need this one to connect your computers wirelessly to your network, even if they have built-in wireless cards. Whether you need one or both depends on what you currently have.

With us, we connected the router to our desktop, so it didn't need a wireless card. For my laptop, I got a wireless card through my school for $16.00, which does great. We didn't get a wireless card for the desktop computer, since the router was put there. Hubby's computer has a wireless card in it, but he just uses the desktop.

okay, so i'll need the wireless router itself for the desktop. will I need the wireless card for the toshiba from bb on bf??? or is there one already installed in it. its still in the box at mil's for when we move, so I don't have it in front of me.