Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I went at 9am today and I managed to get some Little Pet shop halloween animals and they Pumpkin Kelly doll for 2.49. I got some napkins and the last bag of Ziploc bags in Halloween stuff. They were surprisingly picked over for it to be so early. I also snagged a Glitter Doodle Bear for 4.98 and extra pens for 1.74. They had Cabbaga Patch clothes for 2.43 and I grabbed 2 lightsabers for the boys for like $4. All in all I would say, a good Target day.

Lightsabers? What lightsabers were $4?

This is my first time posting in the Target thread! I'm a long time Target clearance shopper though! :D

Anyways today I went in mainly looking for a Halloween doormat but they didn't have any left so I went to check out the toys. I found a Spiderman 3 Spidraulic Action Playset for $12.XX down from $50! It was in the toys on a 75% off endcap with a few other random things. Should make a good gift for one of my cousins for Christmas!

managed to get to target after kids got out of school today, actually found some things spread out over store like people had changed their minds or where hiding them unsuccessfully. 2 boxes of hefty onezip bags, 1 box Halloween press and seal, 4 packs halloween glad bigbowls, also picked up a couple of those lighted jackolanterns and found one of the trick or treat 24 pack mini playdoughs on the regular candy aisle. Wish I had found the Littlest pet shop halloween animals but didnt see them and my kids didnt want the mr potato head. Daughter did get 2 halloween my little ponies though.

Went to Target this Morning got 2 big Ornage tubs for 3.xx, a ornage tote for 3.xx, 2 my little ponys for 2.50, a cars toy for 2.xx, 2 big bag s of 12 packs of Doritos for 1.12, 4 cake mixes for .48, some shirts and leggings for next year each 2.50, puffs tissue 2 packs for 1.48, and a few other odds and ends. I was surprised to find no bags or paper towels

Looks like we SoCal types are spread out. We have someone from OC, you, me in the San Gabriel Valley, and another gal who is in Simi Valley! We cover the whole area except right on the coast.

Not sure if you were talking about me (Simi Valley), but I'am out here in the Antelope Valley. I went to the Palmdale Target today and got 2 sets of Garden Speakers (look like rock, but are outside speakers) for $9.98 each set. They were originally $39.99. I thought my MIL would like these for Christmas. She likes to entertain outside. Also took advantage of the 50% Halloween and stocked up on Ziplocks,Press n Seal, and napkins. Also found a Dora lunch bag 75% for $2.62. Checked on my hidden treasures, but they were not marked down to 75% yet. So I tucked them away and kept on bargain shopping. I did see a ton of Spiderman race tracks 75% for $12.??, but passed.

Not sure if you were talking about me (Simi Valley), but I'am out here in the Antelope Valley. I went to the Palmdale Target today and got 2 sets of Garden Speakers (look like rock, but are outside speakers) for $9.98 each set. They were originally $39.99. I thought my MIL would like these for Christmas. She likes to entertain outside. Also took advantage of the 50% Halloween and stocked up on Ziplocks,Press n Seal, and napkins. Also found a Dora lunch bag 75% for $2.62. Checked on my hidden treasures, but they were not marked down to 75% yet. So I tucked them away and kept on bargain shopping. I did see a ton of Spiderman race tracks 75% for $12.??, but passed.

I think I might have been confused. There is a gal on GD but involved with the Disney Cars thread that is in Simi Valley. But good to know how much farther we spread out.

I went to Target here in Tustin (Orange County CA) this morning and picked up Glad containers, wrap n seal, Andes candy for Thanksgiving, a big bag of 30 lunch size bags of chips for $3.50, Betty Crocker fruit roll ups in Halloween wrap for half off, Bounty paper towels (also half off). I'm pretty well stocked up on lunch snacks for a while....oh and baking sprinkles were down to 25 cents. They also had the silcone cupcake forms for half off--I already have a set, but that's a great deal. The cupcake/muffin pan with cover was also half off--I didn't need any so I didn't buy one, but it's a full size pan with a snap on cover, the only thing "Halloween" about it was the orange cardboard insert.

Dollar Spot was 75% off, I may drop by and see if I can pick up a rolling pin and some Halloween packaged playdoh, sounds like a great gift idea for the preshooler next door.

Checked all my local Targets and found a FoodSaver! But it took a 20 minute argument with a "section manager" to get her to sell it to me! There were no lables anywhere for the 2240 model and only the display left. She informed me that she doesn't sell her displays. I told her that every other Target in the country does and that the price was about $25 on it and that I wanted it. She was dug in about not selling it to me! Finally she looked up my DCPI code (thanks guys) and it rang up on her hand held as $56. She called the store manager who said she could sell it for the $56. He said different areas clearance different prices. But then she fought me on the 30% display discount. Either way I left the store with that Foodsaver and am quite proud of myself because I was polite but firm that I was not leaving the store without either that display or a new one for the same price! Thanks for all your tips guys I have saved soo much $$$ from this site over the last few months!

I didn't want to go to Target today but decided too. I found NO halloween ziploc or glad ware or napkins bounty or anything that I REALLY wanted. I ended up getting ONE press n seal. I saw chex mix and pop corn but didn't want that. I was rather annoyed they didn't have any of what I was looking for except the press n seal. It was all in one aisle in the back of the store with the xmas stuff....

Dollar spot was now 75% off too. I got a bunch more office pens and pencils and note pads for a quarter each. I did find another twisty treat that must have been returned there was no phamplet in it and it wasn't there on Monday. I saw a kitchen aid mixer that was only half off for $150sumpin. This store also had some other display stuff on sale for 75% off. I almost bought a kitchen aid food processor but I don't use the one I have, so I put it back.

what's typically left when halloween goes 75%? costumes and candy?? we didn't get there today - but i'm thinking about a trip tomorrow. wondering if anything "good" will be left! :gdchatter:

Don't underestimate what may come out over the next few days. I've seen them dig out boxes of stuff when it goes to 75%. All I mean is that even if your store seems sold out of a lot, I usually find quite a bit at 75% off. I don't even look at the holiday aisles until they are 75% (unless I REALLY need something). Some stores don't find it important to really dig into what is left in the back until it is all about to go to 90%, so sometimes you will be amazed at what comes out even after it has been 75% off for a couple days. I guess it all depends on how well your store sold its Halloween inventory and how on top of things they are in the backroom! I think those who want to buy the household/food items (ziplocs, paper towels, napkins, etc.) are smart to buy those at 50% because many people who have coupons can get that stuff really cheap when it goes to 1/2 and even if you don't have a coupon, 1/2 price on household stuff is really a pretty good deal even if it does have bats or pumpkins on it!

We had one store go to 75% off on Nov 3 last year. The majority of the other stores (at least the ones I shop a lot) went to 75% on Nov 5... 90% was Nov 7 citywide (I'm pretty sure it was citywide). That was in KC. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean squat, but it helps me kind of form a plan anyway! :rolleyes:

I didn't want to go to Target today but decided too. I found NO halloween ziploc or glad ware or napkins bounty or anything that I REALLY wanted. I ended up getting ONE press n seal. I saw chex mix and pop corn but didn't want that. I was rather annoyed they didn't have any of what I was looking for except the press n seal. It was all in one aisle in the back of the store with the xmas stuff....

Dollar spot was now 75% off too. I got a bunch more office pens and pencils and note pads for a quarter each. I did find another twisty treat that must have been returned there was no phamplet in it and it wasn't there on Monday. I saw a kitchen aid mixer that was only half off for $150sumpin. This store also had some other display stuff on sale for 75% off. I almost bought a kitchen aid food processor but I don't use the one I have, so I put it back.

Did the Kitchenaid food processor go 75% or was it the blender??:confused:

I have not seen any food processors on sale at 5 diff stores I went to last week. I thought I had purchased every clearance Kitchen aid item there was.

I found some great deals at my local central Washington Target today.

Shark Hand Vac 75% off at 9.98 (DCPI 072 07 0018)

College bed pillows (animal print w/arm cushions) finally went down to 4.98 (067 00 0441)

Outdoor Canopy in camping section 75% off at 24.98,

Rubbermaid slide-out canvas bin for closet (configurations collection) 75% 5.48 (002051134)

Huge light-up Halloween pumkin was 50% off at 14.99 but got extra 25% off for small crack

Also scored a couple of the Hefty One-zip bags and a pack of Gladware at 50% off

It definitely seemed like they were trying to clear out a bunch of the clearance today to make room for all of the Christmas items they received. I went to Target yesterday and most of the items that I bought today had been at 30% off or 50% off.

FYI I have been reading this thread for a while now and have found that everybody's postings have helped me find some great deals.

I wouldn't say Great but good day at Target in Pittsburgh PA.

I was looking for halloween ziplocks, paper towels, glad ware but couldn't find even one.

Got 4 roller pins from dollarspot for .25 each for my son's day care (Thanks to niccci for the hint to use them with playdoh)

5 m&m bags for 50%off (I forgot about the coupon damnit)

1 Electrolux cordless vacuum with stick and handheld --75%off at $24.98 (DCPI 072070216)

1 halloween costume for my ds4 for next year

1 swiss backpack for my ds11 next school year 75%off at $9.98 (dcpi 069000325)

1 rubbermaid 12pc durable plastic containerset for $4.98 (dcpi 002030103)

1 kitchenaid peeler-parer 75%off at $3.74 (dcpi 070050778)

1 Farberware 8pc nonstick cookwareset 75%off at 17.48 (dcpi 070011901)

I have one question about the vacuum though. Did anybody have any idea about the quality of this? Appreciate any answers.

Thanks.

mine wouldn't either, that's why I asked. :yup:

Actually, I got a red Darth Vader lightsaber for DS's costume from the costume aisle and his lights up. The blue and green ones we have from the toy aisle don't.

BTW lovetoshopCA, those clone trooper guns we got before are in the toy book for $14.:yup: Still haven't tried the replacement darts though. I'll wait for those to go on clearance.

I remember some one is waiting for a polaroid digital camera and it is reg price of 69.99 and clearenced at 15% at my store.

I always feel my store is way behind the markdowns (pittsburgh,PA). So please check your store.

I can go back to sleep now.

Actually, I got a red Darth Vader lightsaber for DS's costume from the costume aisle and his lights up. The blue and green ones we have from the toy aisle don't.

BTW lovetoshopCA, those clone trooper guns we got before are in the toy book for $14.:yup: Still haven't tried the replacement darts though. I'll wait for those to go on clearance.

I'll have to scrounge around at some of my stores for the lightsabers. Maybe I'll get lucky. I can't complain too much, though, those blasters are really cool! I am saving them for Christmas. I am hoping for a good deal on the darts, too.

I remember some one is waiting for a polaroid digital camera and it is reg price of 69.99 and clearenced at 15% at my store.

I always feel my store is way behind the markdowns (pittsburgh,PA). So please check your store.

I can go back to sleep now.

Thanks! I'll take a look. My friend was just asking me about them today. I was so disappointed when they got marked up.

Did the Kitchenaid food processor go 75% or was it the blender??:confused:

I have not seen any food processors on sale at 5 diff stores I went to last week. I thought I had purchased every clearance Kitchen aid item there was.

It was the food processor. It was a display model that was on the shelf. There was a beligan waffle maker, some sort of crock pot/steamer thing (I didn't pick it up not sure what it was other than stainless steel and not needed), food processor, and smoothie mixer...they were all not in boxes with stickers stuck to them, so I assume they were displays.

It was the food processor. It was a display model that was on the shelf. There was a beligan waffle maker, some sort of crock pot/steamer thing (I didn't pick it up not sure what it was other than stainless steel and not needed), food processor, and smoothie mixer...they were all not in boxes with stickers stuck to them, so I assume they were displays.

Our had the food processor also. Just the display on a shelf in clearance in stationary of all things. It also had a sticker. I almost had to get it but decided not to in the end. kicking myself now of course :yup:

got the spiderman playset thing for $12.** this morning. Another my little pony for $2.48, found the lightsabers that light up on the costume aisle but didnt buy them since my kids would only wind up getting in trouble with those. Found a really nice set of full size sheet sets for 10.48, no halloween littlest pet shops though, :( Oh well. Also found Maybelline mascara bonus package with the eyeliner included for $2.48 ans 2 pack Suave lotions with bonus purse size tube for $3.48

They also had marshmallow fluff and Plantars peanuts on clearance along with the halloween stuff. I was quite surprised but I picked some up for the upcoming holidays. Also the chocolate marshmallows were $.49. I'm not sure how they will taste but I thought I would try it.

They also had marshmallow fluff and Plantars peanuts on clearance along with the halloween stuff. I was quite surprised but I picked some up for the upcoming holidays. Also the chocolate marshmallows were $.49. I'm not sure how they will taste but I thought I would try it.

The chocolate marshmallows r okay. I seen some at walmart one day for $1 so I got 2. Me and my sister make cookies and treats for Christmas, so I figured it would be something neat for the girls to make choc. rice krispie treats. we got bored one day and made them at my house and they were gone in like an hour.:eek: I have to go and get more marshmallows now. Thx.:D