Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I love love love this board. My target had the espn football games last night on an endcap with one markdown sticker from 139 to 99.Then after reading this board today I was kicking myself for not scanning anyway. As soon as DH came home I was gone went straight to the game loaded up and tried to find a scanner that worked and low and behold 34.88.SCORE! I would have never known without GOTTADEAL

Thank you

Ok I think there is something wrong with my Targer, (Fairfield, New Jersey). I went there on my lunch break and found some Xmas coffee mugs on clearance for $2.07, so I am thinking I will scan them and find a hidden treasure for sure....WRONG they were still $2.07.

Sigh I do have to say that I am disappointed, I have been reading this thread since the first one and have yet to grab any of these mind blowing bargins everyone else seems to get, ughhh someone tell me what I am doing wrong please!!!!

Ok I do work full time, so I can't be there a lot during the week except for my lunch break, but are all Targets so different and I got a dud???

Once seasonal goes 90% off, it usually only last two or three days. Then, those items are marked back up to full retail price before going 'salvage,' so Target can get a tax write-off when they donate the items to places like Goodwill.

Your Target probably went 90% off on the seasonal earlier in the week, or even last Friday, and by the time you got over their, the items had gove salvage already.

Does anyone know when they mark Baby items down? I am looking at a crib set, sheets, bumper pad and so on. It has been at 50% off for about 2 weeks. They also have the bouney chair and playpen that go with the set. So does anyone have an idea when they could possibley be marked down again. I have 2 Targets within 7 miles and it is only one clearence at 1 of them. Thanks

Does anyone know when they mark Baby items down? I am looking at a crib set, sheets, bumper pad and so on. It has been at 50% off for about 2 weeks. They also have the bouney chair and playpen that go with the set. So does anyone have an idea when they could possibley be marked down again. I have 2 Targets within 7 miles and it is only one clearence at 1 of them. Thanks

Mondays are generally the day the baby stuff and the kids clothes get marked down. Of course that can change by a day either way it seems. If it has been 50 off for two weeks I think it has a good chance of going 75 off next week, but the way Target has been changing things up lately, you never know.

Yesterday when I was at Target. I found one of my "hidden" items which was not marked 75% yet. When I scanned it on the isle scanner it scanned what was marked on the box. I knew it should be less so I asked a sales person to scan with their scanner and it scanned 75% off. I asked if it would have showed the clearance price when I went to cashier and she said yes..............SO - is it better to get a sales person to scan an item INSTEAD of the isle scanner?!?!??!?

I can't imagine why it would show up different??

ThankS!

I have had this happen to me and as near as I can tell here is why (and I'm speaking only of toys here, cause that's where it has happened to me)... If a store only has one of item left and it doesn't meet with the price changing team in the aisle to be scanned, then it sometimes doesn't get "registered" with the lower price. Sometimes however I've seen an item-- like the Spark Art easel that has software to go with it. If the store has a lot of the art easels but none of the software to go with it, then at the time the art easel gets scanned, the software automatically is lowered to even if those software boxes are not physically there to be scanned. Sort of like it goes into the system as a set or something at the same time. It confused me for the longest time, but if Target sold out of a really hot toy at 30% off and there are no more on the shelf when the pricing team blows through to mark everything to 75% then it is possible that the item won't be shown at 75% even if someone returns one to that store the next day. It will still be 30% off. Doesn't always work like this, but sometimes it does.

I would love to hear from someone else on this if they have any understanding of the process cause I'm just speculating based on my shopping experiences.

I had sort of an amazing experience at one of my Targets on Thursday. It is a new store that is a little bit of a drive for me. All of the Targets in the city went to 75% off with their toys on Wednesday, so I figured that this new store would as well, but I didn't want to drive all the way out there without for sure knowing. Anyway I called their guest services to give them a couple of dpci numbers of some toys and ask for specific prices. I gave her 3 numbers and the prices she gave me were indeed 75% off. So I made a trip out there. When I got there NOTHING was marked to 75% or scanning at 75% off. I was kind of ticked. So I tracked down someone in the aisle who was so over the moon nice I couldn't believe it. She got the LOD and I (very nicely) explained what happened. I had all the items in my cart that I wanted (a Barbie stying head, a 12 dancing princess carriage, some spark art software, a couple barbies)-- not a lot. He said he would give it all to me for 75% off. He was so nice. The gal said she would come up to the registers with me when I was ready and asked if I wanted to go back to the toy aisle and get anything else!!! I couldn't believe it. I went back and just picked up a couple more things (cause I didn't want to appear greedy).

Here's the amazing part. When we got to the register, after the cashier conferred with the LOD, she gave me EVERYTHING for 75% the already 1/2 price sticker. I couldn't hardly believe it when I looked at my receipt. The $30 Barbie Styling head was $3.74. The 12 Dancing Princess carriage (reg. priced $35) was like $4. What a trip.

I am not going to say which Target this was. The people were so nice and I feel bad enough that I got all this stuff for that price. I would not in any way want someone to get in trouble for this!!

What I don't understand is why the prices that guest services were giving me were completely different than what they were scanning in the aisles??? I know she got the dpci numbers right cause before she gave me the prices she verified what the toy was with me. They were all prices that reflected a 75% discount on the price of the toy. It's like they had the new markdown prices that weren't yet reflected in the toy aisle.

This happened to me too. When I found the Schwinn girls bike, it scanned not found or something to that affect. But then I had an employee scan it and it was $39.98. I kow from this board that the bike was a salvage item so maybe that's why it didn't scan when I tried it. But maybe the employees scanners have different methods for scanning items. Not sure..but it never fails to have an employee help scan and item...especially if you really want it.

KC congrats on the deals. I wish I had the energy and time to go out like you do. I guess I'm just not very good at this bargain shopping thing. I would love to get the great deals but I just can't do it.

I would love to find some good deals on toys still though. I was able to get some at my Target when they first went to 75% off. I did get the spart art for 75% off and got a couple of software packs as well. I would still like to find a couple more software packs though - have you seen any still available? Can I get any hints about the Target without the marked prices. I'm not one to go demanding on people - I would just like to see if perhaps they have marked their toys yet. Is it out in Legends? My IL's live out there and last time I was out there I saw that they are slower to mark down than others. I might make a trip out there anyway.

The lowest I have seen on the baby items at my Target is 50% off still.

I love love love this board. My target had the espn football games last night on an endcap with one markdown sticker from 139 to 99.Then after reading this board today I was kicking myself for not scanning anyway. As soon as DH came home I was gone went straight to the game loaded up and tried to find a scanner that worked and low and behold 34.88.SCORE! I would have never known without GOTTADEAL

Thank you

The ESPN Football game and the twelve in one arcade game was $23.99 this morning.

Hi everyone!

Reporting in from Montgomery County Maryland.

First of all, we don't seem to have the great deals that all of you seem to kind in other parts of the country.

Most of the stores around here don't have the Dollar Spot (or the 2 for $5 section in the Dollar Spot) anymore.

Today I decided to go over to the closest Target (Rockville, Maryland) and peruse the perimeter or as I like to call it cruising the perimeter. Almost nothing on the endcaps and the shelves near the perimeter endcaps. Toys, no toys, on clearance.

I checked price checker for the Stainless Steel Firebowl & Bench and it did show that it was $17.48 (DPCI:009-04-0114). However, it indicated that there were none in the back and none in inventory. So, I decided to take a look and there it was -- one, lonely Stainless Steel Firebowl & Bench in a box. I grabbed it. There was a woman standing next to me and she picked up one of the copper ones. I don't know what the price was, but I just took my $17.48 deal.

I've wanted one for a long time, but like everything else I impulse buy -- I probably will never use it!

Thanks for the heads-up on the price! It is a great deal!

Well I guess I was a little too late for the toy clearance at my target, but there was not a single sign up saying anything. I guess it's supposeed to be a "secret sale" lol. Anyways I did manage to pick up the little mermaid shimmering lights doll for $5.72, Scene It Jr for $7.xx, Bratz Bride and groom for $4.xx. It was a good day didn'tspend too much.

It's been a good Target week for me this week. I hit 3 Targets and my best deal was definately today's ILAMP for 7.48... finally, I thought these were never going to go 75% off.

I also got a pack of men's undershirts for .74

Men's ultimate polo in a nice chocolate brown for 3.74

I got the kids the same color polos for 1.74

2-pack of black knit gloves for .37

Boys jeans 4.24

I never did find any store that would sell the Cascade at a discount....

Can Someone Pls Tell Me Where You Get The "target" Coupons Talked About? Are They In Store? Or On Line?

Thanks So Much;)

For a complete list of Target coupons, not just the ones currently on Target's site, add www to the front of:

.forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=282545

I would post it as I link, but when I try to I get: "You do not have enough posts on the forum yet to include URLs or images in your posts. This is to prevent spam. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please PM an admin if you need a link included in your post."

I checked price checker for the Stainless Steel Firebowl & Bench and it did show that it was $17.48 (DPCI:009-04-0114). However, it indicated that there were none in the back and none in inventory.

Usually with clearance items, it will say on the scanners that there aren't any in the backroom because the backroom team is supposed to pull all of the items that are on clearance. An exception to this is larger items like regular furniture, patio furniture, basketball hoops, etc. Yes, some clearance items are stored in the backroom but they are not located (meaning that they are no longer in the backroom system and thus will come up as being not in stock on the scanners). If you see a team member taking clearance items out from the backroom it could either mean that the items were all just pulled from the backroom or that they were sitting in the "staging area". The "staging area" is where team members go to "push" stock out to the floor. If there's a lot of a certain clearance item on the salesfloor and we don't have room to put anymore on the salesfloor, we store these items in "work as needed" carts in the staging area so when some sell we can put some more on the floor. Some stores are unorganized and don't do things this way but this is how my store handles clearance items. I hope that made sense. Your best bet is to just look around the store for the item instead of punching the numbers into the scanner. I don't want you to think that because the scanner says not in stock that your particular store doesn't have anymore of that item (this only pertains to clearance items however).

Anywho, my boss made me the signing person from now on (starting last Monday) which means that I get to see which items will go on clearance and on which days. What happens is that at least twice a week my store gets mail and in the mail I receive signs that I must go through to use for sales and price cuts. With the regular signs comes clearance signs (that my store doesn't use anyway). On these signs it says what the item is, the regular price, the clearance price, and when the clearance price goes into effect. On Friday I was looking through some of the signs and threw the clearance signs on the department managers' desks without realizing that some people on this board would want to know what's going on clearance and when. Soooo I didn't really get to see what was going on clearance but here's a little bit of what I did see. The shampoo aisles will be reset on January 14th. There were quite a few signs for shampoo that will be going on clearance. There were a few signs for toys. There were a few signs for baby items (along with a TON of "New at Target" signs.. mainly strollers, carseats, and other "big" baby items.. the baby department will probably be redone in the next few weeks). There were a few signs for grocery items. I go back to work on Monday so I'll check to see if there's anything else that's noteworthy on clearance (if we get more mail that is).

SCOOOOOOORE!!!!!!! :jump3: :jump3:

Ok, I'm just so excited about the deal I got this morning. At one end cap in the area of the picture frames and kitchen items there was a 30% off sign. Different things were on there including about 10-14 or so packs of cloth-like, folded, red, Rubbermaid, large ornament boxes. The picture in the front of the package clearly had xmas ornaments to show how you can organize the balls inside the box. The red sticker was $11.99 but now at $8.38. I scanned it and it scanned at $8.38. I still took it w/me to the register.

I happen to get in a register w/a friendly cashier. When this cashier rang up the box and it rang up $8.38, I asked if it by chance was 90% off since it was a xmas ornament box. This cashier agreed and brought down to 90% off. I was paying less than a dollar for this great looking box !!!:cheesy: :cheesy:

So after I paid for my stuff, I asked this cashier if I could leave my things there so that I could get a couple more of those boxes. So I bought three more. And you know how much I paid for those extra three total?? I paid $2.52 (excluding tax)!! I got each box for $.84 :lolrun: :lolrun: :lolrun:

I just had to share ya'll. I was so excited and still am excited about this deal.

I found something new today! It's the Playskool Let's Play Together Tummy Time Gym. Regular prices is $24.99 and it rang up at $6.22. It didn't have any clearance stickers on it at all but it was on an endcap so I scanned it. Bingo!

It can lay flat on the floor to encourage tummy time or be up so the child can lay on the floor under it.

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/letsplaytogether/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17823

childofsoliitude

Thanks for the post. At your store, does the clearance happen on any set day? Thanks for all the information.:)

I know that certain departments get marked down on certain days of the week. For example, I was told a short while ago by a member of the price change team that toys get marked down on Wednesdays. I also saw the price change team marking down items in the housewares and infants department on Friday so I'm assuming that Friday is markdown day for those two departments. Apparently now each store has their own schedule based on how much they sell so your store's markdown schedule may be different.

Funny that you mention this.

When I was checking out the toys the other day everyone in that department was a woman with kids. Then there is this one guy in a leather jacket, with no kids or shopping cart in site and nothing in his hands.

I kind of got the feeling he was security. So obvious!

Oh yeah, he was. They like to follow moms with kids. I guess because there are moms out there that steal with strollers and such, so they follow the moms. If you get a chance, just stop and take a look around, theres a chance your beinging followed.Specailly if you are using a stroller. I want to make a sign for the back of my shirt reading Stop following me I have money and I'm not going to steal. Or something along that line.lol

Linda

fountains

Has anyone tried the zen fountains? Bought 3 this am 75% off. Would like to know if they are any good before I gift them.

I just got one tonight myself! I am going to open it tomorrow. If you want, you can pm/email me tomorrow & I will let you know. I will try to remember to look up this thread & contact you..