Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Did everyone hear about the Fisher Price recall, some of the earlier clearance toys like the Prince Diego and Birthday Dora are included in this recall, make sure you have safe toys.

It seems that its only toys that you purchased after May 1,2007. I had purchased many dora things at the beginning of the year from target and they were safe. There is a website you can go and check abou it http://www.service.mattel.com/us/. And this one tells you which is safe. http://www.service.mattel.com/us/recall/39054_IVR.asp

We probably need to take this to another forum if we continue to talk about it but wanted to address this reply since it was mentioned.

Did everyone hear about the Fisher Price recall, some of the earlier clearance toys like the Prince Diego and Birthday Dora are included in this recall, make sure you have safe toys.

Interestingly, I was at Target this evening looking at the toys on sale and was going to be a Diego laptop toy. When the cashier rang it up, she called the superviser who explained that this item must be removed from the store and could not be sold. With apologies, he stated this item was on the recall list.

I was really impressed.

btw - regarding the clearance on toys - I went to three Targets today - NW Chicagoland, Illinois - and the prices were all across the board, nothing made sense. For example, one store has this game Buckaroo for $4.74 and another Target has the same game for 8.48... :eyepoppin I am very confused!

Toys were still scattered at my store tonight but most were marked down to 50% off. I am so holding out for the 75% off because ours had a lot of toys still left.

On a good note they had the 4 pack of Secret deodorant for $3.50 and I am sure there are coupons floating around somewhere and that would be a great deal. I bought two packs of them. Also the bulk items are now 30% off at my store. I stocked up on the cereal. This was Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Sturgeon Bay, they usually clearance a day before Green Bay's targets. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply momformany!!! I am actually in the sw corner of Wisconsin, but it sounds like I wish I lived closer to you!! Im heading up to the Madison Target on Monday and Im praying baby stuff is marked down up there although clearance tends to go fast at that store.

I was in Target in Dubuque, IA tonight and I was sooooo dissappointed:( ! Bulk items were still only 15% off, and toys were still ranging from 30 to 50% off. I found a toddler swing that I got for $13.98-there was no red sticker on it, but Im guessing this was only 30% off the original price. Play Wonder stuff was marked 30%. Im tempted to go back tomorrow, but its a 40 minute drive.

Oh-almost forgot--Glade and Airwick stuff was on clearance too! I didn't look to close to see how much off because I had all three kiddos with me and stupid me forgot my coupon book at home and I KNOW I have coupons for this stuff, But there was a lot so Im sure I will score some next trip WITH coupons.

Anyone manage to find a blue V-smile Pocket? I found a pink one, and a charging base, for under $30. I am now done shopping for my niece for the holidays. But, no blue one. :(

You may want to return the charging base. I was looking at them to go with the Pocket I got for DS at 50%. I read the reviews on Amazon, and apparently it is pretty bad. There were a few good reviews, but most said that it was EXTREMELY difficult to use. A few suggested you would be better off simply buying rechargeable batteries and a recharger separately than using this thing.

aidansmommy

Sorry just getting back to you, got caught up with the kiddies and didnt make it to Target but I am in Greensboro. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Not a problem! Nice to see someone else from the area on here. Have you seen any toys at 75% off around Greensboro? Also, have you been to the newest Target on New Garden Road? I was wondering about it, since I have not been there yet. In Greensboro, I usually find the best deals at the one on Wendover. Happy shopping!

You may want to return the charging base. I was looking at them to go with the Pocket I got for DS at 50%. I read the reviews on Amazon, and apparently it is pretty bad. There were a few good reviews, but most said that it was EXTREMELY difficult to use. A few suggested you would be better off simply buying rechargeable batteries and a recharger separately than using this thing.

We have the V-Smile pocket and the charger. LOVE the charger. The pocket eats batteries (even the recharables), but seams to last longer with the charger - plus you don't have to mess with a screwdriver to take the batteries out to charge.. Just make sure that you wiggle the V-Smile when it goes on the charger until the light goes on, then you are set. Totally worth ANY price, IMO

DS has a charging base for his. We did have to return the original one we bought because it wouldn't work (The light wouldnt ever turn on to indicate it was charging), but the second one works like a charm. We havent had any of the difficulties mentioned about "placing it in the right position".

I suggest just keeping your receipt in case you have problems, since we all know Target doesn't have the greatest return policy.

75% at my Target! This is the same one that I called this morning and said no add'l clearance. But they must have just recieved notification to mark them down because some of the employees didn't even know they were marking them down. I got almost $200 worth of toys for $50. Almost set for Christmas!

Still 50% off toys in Orlando (Checked Conroy-Windermere store). The few Little Tykes toys left were only 25% off (I heard they were 50% last Friday at another location. Can anyone confirm this?)

40lb+ booster seats were 50% off, pink Graco travel light pack & play was 50% off as well as the matching high chair.

Bulk, Pampers Bulk and Pampers swim diapers were only 15-30% off.

No beach towels on sale.

If anyone sees the Dora "big wheel-like" plastic ride on go on sale for 50% or 75% can you please let me now? They were only 25% off at my store. TIA!

EmE2006 check out the Clermont store if you can, they were marking the toys to 75% today and they were extremely helpful. The toys manager even went into the back stock (they had to pull some toys to set up new toys) and got toys that I had seen last week but did not see today.

75% OFF FINALLY IN OKLAHOMA!!!!:g_dance: :g_dance: Of course like I posted earlier this week there really wasnt much I could use so.................... I only spent 149.00 :g_laughin :g_laughin :rotflol: :rotflol: HAHAHAHAHAHA All presents are bought and then some. Lots of Bratz;educational toys;Pirates of the C costumes;Lego big boy sets;clothes for cabbage patch;Hot Wheel sets. There were some things that I had no seen marked down before so they might have got stuff from other stores. Anyways, good luck shoppers,hope YOUR stores are 75% now too! Oh by the way... they were marking down all of the sandals and cute summer shoes 75% off. I even got a darling pair of hot pink boots for one of my grandgirls!!! woohooo :D