Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Even if toys do go to 75% off tomorrow our stores really don't have anything nice left:(

Good luck to everyone else that is waiting for toys to go lower. I usually get excited and stock on on gifts for the kids for Christmas and birthdays.

Toys still 30% off here. When are they going to clearance baseball!!!! ahhhhhh:eyepoppin

Are you sure they are 30% off? Are you just going by the signs, or have you actually scanned some things? I ask because they often don't bother changing the signs. They say X% and more, so they don't always bother if there are some items at the lower percent off.

For those of you have done the 75% off on toys in years before, do you remember if the markdowns were done by the time they are open? Or have you encounter that sometimes they'll be marking down sometime during the day, perhaps mid-morning? Thanks for any info. :)

For those of you have done the 75% off on toys in years before, do you remember if the markdowns were done by the time they are open? Or have you encounter that sometimes they'll be marking down sometime during the day, perhaps mid-morning? Thanks for any info. :)

I have seen it both ways. Sometimes when they are all on adjacent shelves they just put a 75% off sign. The target in OKC marks their down after 8am so who knows what the routine is or even if there IS one hahaha.

The first year I caught it (two years ago), I was pg with ds #2, and just happened to go in there before my ob appt that day, and they were marking things as I (and many others), walked the aisle...my appts were always around 11, so this would've been around 10 or so...

T...my appts were always around 11, so this would've been around 10 or so...

I've seen them markdown toys before around 10:30am at the target I go to, so they might do the same thing again, but I'll probably be there right at 8am just in case LOL!!

Are you sure they are 30% off? Are you just going by the signs, or have you actually scanned some things? I ask because they often don't bother changing the signs. They say X% and more, so they don't always bother if there are some items at the lower percent off.

Yeah I did. Im not really looking to buy any toys because I really dont have anyone to buy them for other than for my mom to give as gifts, but I have been checking for that reason and to tell people on here. I also have my eyes on the Bumblebee Unleashed Transformer figure that comes in that big cylinder. It's cool. I just thought everyone on here would like to know if stuff gets marked down and hopefully I can get a headsup when baseball and other stuff I'm looking for goes down.:)

I've seen them markdown toys before around 10:30am at the target I go to, so they might do the same thing again, but I'll probably be there right at 8am just in case LOL!!

Just depends on when the team gets to it. They have an order they have to go in, and they follow it. I have seen the markdowns happen before the store opens, as it opens, 10 am, and 2pm. I have seen them start the department and have to quit at 3 pm, with less than half done because they have to leave for the day, then they pick up first thing the next day. You just can't know for sure unless you know one of them well enough to ask as they are leaving the day before. Even then, sometimes they don't know....

I have been scanning, especially the items I want but so far most are at 30% There is one item at 50% I want but they have about twleve left so I am waiting. I keep hoping they will leav the signs like they are and one day I will check the price and it will be 75% off. :yup:

KC area shoppers I would appreciate a heads up when you get back if the store you went to was 75% off. I know a few stores go on clearance earlier than others but I just can't drag the kids out to each store to check. I am already wondering how I am going to buy toys since I will have to have my kids with me. My dh is out of town and my parents work during the day - oh well I guess I will figure something out.

Ok, so here is my last (hopefully) question about the toy markdown. Say they do markdown on Thursday, and say they start it around 10ish. Do I have to wait for them to stick the orange sticker on it to look at what the new price is, or lets say the toys I want are in the fifth isle while they are still on the second isle; so can I get those toys I want because their markdown price is already on the system anyway and when I go to pay its not like the cashier needs the sticker, it'll ring up 75% off still.

I hope I made sense.

I was at Target this am. They were marking down, but the markdowns were on some of the toys currently at 30% to 50%. The Vsmiles went to 50%. They have always marked down toys here on Wednesdays, so I'm guessing next week.

Ok, so here is my last (hopefully) question about the toy markdown. Say they do markdown on Thursday, and say they start it around 10ish. Do I have to wait for them to stick the orange sticker on it to look at what the new price is, or lets say the toys I want are in the fifth isle while they are still on the second isle; so can I get those toys I want because their markdown price is already on the system anyway and when I go to pay its not like the cashier needs the sticker, it'll ring up 75% off still.

I hope I made sense.

You have to wait for them to have at least marked down one of the kind of item you want. So, for example, if they have 5 Cranky the Cranes and have marked at least one, you don't have to wait for the sticker for the other 4. But, if they haven't marked at least one of the item, it will still show the old price. Most of the time, if they miss an item entirely they seem to do a general markdown of all the items that were supposed to go down that day. I am guessing that they use their guide sheet and just scan that. However, occasionally they will miss an item entirely and it will simply stay at the higher price. This sometimes gets people who hide items because their items don't get the markdown at all. I have found such items from time to time. I know the markdown people pretty well, so I will sometimes ask them to check it while they are in markdown mode. No one else can give the markdown, so it has to be one of them.

I was at Target this am. They were marking down, but the markdowns were on some of the toys currently at 30% to 50%. The Vsmiles went to 50%. They have always marked down toys here on Wednesdays, so I'm guessing next week.

That happened at most of our stores last week, so I am still crossing my fingers and hoping. I think only one of my local stores will do it today, so I am heading there at 9 after I drop off DS at his summer program. I'll hit my local store at 8 when they open - 20 minutes from now....

You have to wait for them to have at least marked down one of the kind of item you want. So, for example, if they have 5 Cranky the Cranes and have marked at least one, you don't have to wait for the sticker for the other 4. But, if they haven't marked at least one of the item, it will still show the old price. Most of the time, if they miss an item entirely they seem to do a general markdown of all the items that were supposed to go down that day. I am guessing that they use their guide sheet and just scan that. However, occasionally they will miss an item entirely and it will simply stay at the higher price. This sometimes gets people who hide items because their items don't get the markdown at all. I have found such items from time to time. I know the markdown people pretty well, so I will sometimes ask them to check it while they are in markdown mode. No one else can give the markdown, so it has to be one of them.

Couldn't they scan the barcode that appears on the shelf tag? Do they do that??

Couldn't they scan the barcode that appears on the shelf tag? Do they do that??

Oh, sure. But they don't seem to do it as they go along, so that is why I am guessing at what they do. I think they do it because they want any returns that might come in at the new price. Not really sure, though.

:jump3: Just got back from Target in Indy. Still nothing different yet. There was one lonely guy with a cart of Brats dolls he was moving to the isle that has the signs 30% off. Some of the other isles have been cleared quite a bit. Still waiting......

our target has not marked toys down any further. They are still moving things to the 2 aisles that have all red stickers and they were condensing aisles this morning too. So they are up to something.. hahaha.. just dont know what yet!!!

No additional markdown here on toys, either...I won't bother to check again, since the only thing I wanted was the V.Smile Pocket, and those are all gone...I bought a Buckaroo game and Toy Story Woody with Wheezy a month or so ago, when they were 50% off, but for the extra couple of bucks, I'm not going to drag myself and the kids out first thing in the morning to see if they've gone 75%...

I did get a Graco booster seat for $9.xx, and they had the Graco Callista pattern travel system on clearance for $69.xx, which I might have picked up if I was positive we were going to have one more child, since our Evenflo infant carrier has been recalled, and I think it expires in January anyway...saw other big booster seats for 50% off, which is definitely a good deal!